Ch. 10: He's No Good

~The Next Day~

<~Ally's POV:

The next day comes along and things are back to the new normal. Austin is out working again and I'm laying in bed feeling sick. What a life...

I reach for my phone when I hear it vibrating on the night stand. I have one new text message.

From: Unknown

Hey Ally, it's Ethan! What's up?

Should I reply? Duh. Maybe Annie and I can do something with Ethan. We don't have anything better to do and Austin isn't here to entertain us so why not hang out with a friend.

To: Ethan

Bored...Austin is gone again today. Want to come over? Annie and I could use some company.

I push send hesitantly. I'm unsure how Austin will react to this. He wasn't very fawned of Ethan yesterday.

From: Ethan

Sure. I'll be over soon! See you later!

I smile to myself and lazily roll out of bed to get dressed. I have to look good for Ethan, wait no I don't! He's just my friend. I don't want appeal to attracting him. I decide to just wear some skinny jeans and one of Austin's hoodies. This outfit is not at all attractive...except maybe to Austin.

A few moments later the doorbell rings. It has to be Ethan.

I run to get the door. "Hey Ethan." I greet him. Annie runs down the stairs screaming 'daddy' suspecting Austin is home.

"Your not daddy!" Annie yells disappointed.

"Who's this?" Ethan asks.

"This is my daughter. She was with me yesterday, didn't you see her?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I never noticed her." He replies, "She's so beautiful just like you. I'm guessing Austin is her dad?"

I nod, "Yeah. She was really hoping you were him." I giggle.

Annie stomps over to us, "Who are you and why are you with my mommy!" She demands.

"I'm Ethan and I'm your mom's friend." Ethan explains to Annie.

"Daddy told you to stay away from my mom." Annie snorts.

I laugh out loud to break the awkward moment, "No he didn't Annie. Now go play." I tell the determined little girl.

Annie crosses her arms, "Your gonna get in trouble when daddy gets home!" Annie shouts as she runs upstairs.

Ethan looks at me and laughs, "She's cute." He chuckles.

"Don't worry about anything she says. She's only six." I assure him.

He scratches the back of his neck, "But what if your husband does mind me being here." Ethan mutters.

"He won't. He's not the boss of me and I should be able to hang out with my friends while he's gone, right?" I laughed awkwardly.

"I guess." He agrees nervously.

"Anyways, wanna watch a movie?" I ask him.

"Sure, what movie?" He replies. Looking around the big house.

"I don't care. How about a chic flick. Austin hates those so I can't watch them with him." I suggest.

Ethan blushes, "Don't laugh at me but, I love chic flicks!" He exclaims.