Ch. 25: An Old Friend

<~Austin's POV:

It was finally half way through the tour. I'm currently in Wisconsin. I've been playing in a new state practically every night. Feeling homesick doesn't help.

Annie was beginning to get tired a lot and I was getting ready to send her home. Usually I can't get her to sleep for barely an hour now all she wants is sleep. Bed time is more like play time.

Olivia walked into the small kitchen, yawning. She had pink pajamas on and bunny slippers. She grabbed a plastic cup from the cabinet and filled it with orange juice, bringing the edge to her lips and gulping it down.

"It's been a long time since I've slept decently." Olivia muttered, plopping down in a chair near me.

"I can agree with that." I sighed, rolling my neck.

"So where's that cutie of yours?" She asks looking around a bit.

"Still sleeping. Can't you tell how peaceful it is?" I replied.

Olivia chuckles, "I guess she hasn't been overly obnoxious lately. It's weird."

"I don't think anyone's their self right now." I said with deep thought. "But I'm beginning to think it wasn't the best idea to bring her along."

"Ya think. Austin, you really should have left your daughter at home." Olivia agreed instantly.

"I didn't want Ally to have to take care of two kids all alone. Annie is quite a handful you know and Axel was barely a week old." I argued, resting one hand against my temple.

Olivia crosses her legs and reaches for the remote to turn on the TV. Besides the noises coming from the TV, we sat in silence.

My phone vibrates with a new text message.

One month old!

The message was from Ally, with a picture of Axel lying down with a big smile on his face. He turned a month old today. I smiled at the picture I could only see on my petite phone screen. Now I just miss them even more.

I quietly went into Annie's room and took a picture of her asleep to send to Ally.

She's getting worn out...

I sent the message and the picture.

I miss her...do you have some time to video chat?

Ally replied and I smiled grabbing my computer and pulling it onto my lap to video chat Ally. I clicked call and after a short time Ally answered. She was sitting at the table with Axel in her lap.

"Hey baby." I greeted her, "I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. Your coming home soon right?" Ally asked.

"In two weeks. How's my little man?" I asked her.

Ally smiled and looked down at Axel who began giggling when she kissed the top of his head, "Growing up fast. Better hurry or your gonna miss it." She joked.

I smiled, desperately wishing I was there with them right now.

"Is Annie still asleep?" Ally asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I think this tour is really wearing her out. I've never seen her sleep this much." I informed her.

"Are you sure she's not getting sick?" Ally questioned.

"She hasn't said anything." I replied.

"Go check on her." Ally said, "Bring the computer with you."