Ch. 20: I'll Be There

<~Austin's POV:
I woke up the next morning with an aching neck. Why did Ally want me to sleep on the couch? I can't stand sleeping on the couch, she knows that too.

I rolled my neck around a little, hoping to make the achy feeling disappear.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I saw Ally walking to the kitchen in her fluffy slippers which had my face on them. That's right, they sell Austin Moon slippers now. I laughed pretty hard when she brought those home.

"Good morning." I greeted her, leaving out babe and beautiful which I usually call her. I guess we aren't very close at the moment.

"Oh...morning." She muttered. She began digging in the cupboards for something to eat.

I scratched the back of my neck feeling nervous. What if we were like this forever.

"Nice slippers." I complimented looking down at her feet.

She glanced down, "Oh, yeah." She chuckled, "I forgot I was wearing these."

"Are they warm?" I asked her.

She smirks, "No." She states, "They're hot. I mean look who's face is on them."

I smiled at her, I wanted to give her a kiss like I do every morning.

"What?" She asks noticing my smile.

I grab her waist and pull her close to me, kissing her. She begins to kiss back but then she pulls away.

"Sorry..." She mumbles, "I-I can't."

"What?" I ask, I was a bit shocked. Since when doesn't she want to kiss me.

"I don't want to kiss you." She tells me.

Wow, that hurts. We're married and she doesn't want to kiss me, "Why not?" I ask, almost afraid to hear her answer.

"Because if your leaving, I-I need to learn to live without you." She replies, looking away.

"Ally, please don't do this to me." I say, feeling tears on the way. This hurts more than almost anything.

"I'm sorry Austin, but I really don't want to be depressed for two months." She apologizes, but it doesn't help at all.

"Ally, I love you so much. Why are you doing this. We should be spending these two weeks together, happily." I reply. I know she wants to kiss me. She's just being stubborn and scared.

"But you kept a secret from me." She mumbles shyly.

I reached for her hand but she took it away, "I don't want to have to miss you." She says, her eyes were reddening. This was hard on her too.

"Well I'm gonna miss you no matter what. I'm just gonna miss you more if you push me away for these next two weeks." I tell her.

She sighs, running a hand through her hair, "Your right," she mutters, finally realizing.

I open my arms, gesturing for a hug. She smiles and walks into my arms, nuzzling into my chest. I held her close to me and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you." I whisper, "And I promise I'll always be there for you, I hope you know that."

She looks up at me, "I know Austin. It's just really hard, I love you too much."

I smile at her and lean down, kissing her on the lips. I felt practically complete now that I had gotten my morning kiss.

After thirty seconds, Ally pulls away, "I'm sorry for making you sleep on the couch." She sighs.