Ch. 5: Lost Book

<~Ally's POV:
I can't believe we are moving to Los Angeles. Actually, I'm kind of excited. As a little girl I could only dream of living there. For sure I'm ready to get out of this little house. It's too small. We've always had the money to get a big house, but we never did. Not until now.

I suppose Austin and I will have to break the news to Annie. I'm really curious to how she'll react. She just started school here and made some new friends and now she's already leaving them.

"Annie! Can you come here for a moment!" I called.

Annie skipped out of her bedroom.

"What is it? I was in the middle of playin with my barbie dolls and Susie is gonna get a new puppy!" She sighs impatiently. (A/N: Susie is a doll by the way.)

"We're going to move to Los Angeles." I tell her, although she may not understand.

"Los Angeles?" Annie giggled, "Where's that?"

"In California. It's a long ways from here." I explain best I can.

"Can I call it Califlower?" Annie giggles, making the situation a joke.

"Sure sweetheart." I laughed and gave her a hug.

Annie hugs me back before skipping back to her room while shouting, "We're going to Califlower! We're going to Califlower!"

Austin passes by carrying some full boxes, "Califlower?" He asks confused.

I smiled, "She wants to call it Califlower." I giggled.

Austin chuckles, "Califlower. I like it."

~~~~~~~~~~

You'd be surprised what you find when your putting all your things in boxes.

So far I've found: a $50 bill, my old teddy bear, a quilt my great grandma made, Austin's old skateboard, and so much more stuff. I can't even remember it all!

I glanced around the room, corner to corner. It was all packed except for my old dresser and everything in it. I don't know why I bothered to keep it. It just had so much sentimental value to me.

I opened the first drawer, which was empty. The second one was too. But the third one had lots of stuff. And then I found it. One of the most specialist things to me...my book!

I pulled the dusty, brown, leather journal out of the dressed and blew all the dust off, revealing the big A on it. Oh how I've missed my book!

I opened it and memories flooded my brain. I used to write about everything in here. But the older I got the less I wrote until I stopped writing in it completely.

I sighed and opened up to the next blank page. I reached for the pen sitting on the table. I want to write one last thing before I leave Miami.

Thursday, September 16

Today I was packing to move to Los Angeles. I was hesitant about the idea at first, but then remembered that Los Angeles is the place where dreams come true! Except being a movie star is no longer my dream. I'm already living my dream. I have someone to love, someone to love me, and a beautiful little girl. Nothing could get any better. I'm worried though, Los Angeles is a land of fame and fortune...that's Austin's dream. Maybe he might forget me and move on with his fame. That's my biggest fear. I just...can't. This is probably the last time I will be writing in Miami. I'm going to miss this place.

Goodbye Miami,
Ally Moon.

I smiled at my new signature. I was tempted to write Dawson...but I was more tempted to write Moon. I closed my book and packed it into the box. Happy to finally have found it. It felt really good to have written in it once more.