Ch. 29: Surprise

<~Ally's POV:

Trish and I continued to wait for Toby to come back with 'the thing'. She refuses to tell me what it is though. All she tells me is that I'll like it.

"I can hardly wait until I have my baby!" Trish exclaims as she holds Axel in her arms.

"It's great, but there's still times I wish I didn't have kids." I sighed. After all I was what one considered 'a young mom'. I'm twenty four with two kids. Whoops.

Trish looks down at her belly, "I'm really excited to find out the gender."

"When do you find out?" I ask.

"Not for at least another month or two." She answers.

Just then Toby walks into the room. Trish prances right up to him. I watch as she whispers in his ear. I heard her laugh and then a very special someone walks into the room.

"Surprise!" Everyone chants as I squeal in joy.

"I can't believe it!" I exclaimed, running over to them with Axel.

I hugged my mother tightly. I haven't seen her for at least probably eight years.

"Ally, it's so great to see you." Penny says, hugging me.

"I'm so glad your here. I've missed you so much." I told her.

A smile appears on her face and her eyes wander, landing on Axel.

"I don't believe I've met this little guy." She says.

"Mom, this is Axel, your grandson." I told her. She reaches out to hold him, gently taking him out of my grasp.

"Aw honey, he's adorable." She awes.

I smiled, mom had never met either of my kids. Honestly I don't know if she even knows anything about my life. I know dad did. He came to see me in the hospital five years ago. I just wish he could be here too. That day I found out he died, I was crushed.

"So what made you decide to come home?" I asked.

"I just couldn't stand living alone any longer. Your father has been gone for six months now." She sighs. "I also missed you sweetie. I have no idea what's going on in your life. I never knew I had grand kids."

"You do know about Annie right?" I questioned.

She shakes her head, "I maybe did once, but I've been told I lost part of my memory a while back." She replies. "Is Annie your daughter?"

I nodded, "I think she's playing in the yard."

"I'd like to meet her too." Mom smiles.

"I'll go find her then." I laughed. I was just going to go look for Annie when she appeared in the room.

"Who's this?" Annie asks, gesturing to my mother.

"Your grandma. This is my mom." I explained to her. Annie hasn't ever met her grandmother.

Annie tilts her head to the side, studying Penny.

"You look like mommy." Annie says and I smiled to myself, just laughing on the inside.

"Hello Annie, my name is Penny." My mom says to Annie.

Annie smiles and runs up to hug her grandma. I love that she's not shy towards anyone.

"Well aren't you a pretty girl." Penny says smiling at Annie.

Annie blushes, "Thank you. You look buteiful too." Annie replied, it's so cute how she can't quite say beautiful.