Chapter 5

Thanks for 200 reads!! <3 Please read the A/N at the end of this chapter!!
------

It was finally time for Evan and Craig to leave Hell and move to Earth to accomplish their duties as Guardians.

It was time for them to learn about and befriend a group of humans.

--------

The two boys patiently waited on the living room couch as the movers took the boxes to the moving van, which would travel through the portal with them to their new home.

--------

"Are you nervous, Craig?" Evan asked, his backpack lazily placed next to him. He had only asked because his brother's foot tapping was starting to get on his nerves.

"I guess, but from what we've learned and been told, human teenagers are really different from demons. What if we can't fit in? What if everyone hates us?" The words tumbled out of his mouth, his worries unintentionally spilling into the conversation.

Evan laughed. "You sound like a human already, worrying about petty things like that. We'll be fine, and if no one likes us, we can always make them like us." He said, his eyes glowing with a faint red tint, as demons often did when they were using or had intentions of using their power.

It was true, demons couldn't mess with the heads of other demons, but they could use their powers on humans. All the human would have to do is look into a demon's eyes and they would have to do anything the demon wanted. Humans were gullible that way. Hell, maybe even Angels, they were weak enough.

That's funny, imagining an army of Angels, bending to a demon's will, brainwashed to do as they said. Sounds like paradise.

Craig let out a chuckle, his brother was right, being a demon certainly had its advantages. Especially in a school full of humans.

As the boys continued to talk about Earth and what it would be like, the door bell rang. Craig's father descended the stairs, reaching the front door in what seemed to be one swift movement. He opened the door to reveal two demons dressed in suits, Estherion in between them.

"It's time boys." The words were cold, as Estherion normally was, but the boys couldn't stop the chill from crawling down their backs as they slung their bags over their shoulders and walked out of the house, noticing a small crowd gathered on the front lawn.

They got into a limo that was parked outside their house, it was a sleek black color with red leather seats and chrome door handles and hubcaps as well. It was, as humans would say, fancy.

But to demons it was just a regular road trip.

---------

The trip was only three hours, but it felt longer to the teenagers in the back of the limo. It was silent, and ominous, like it was judgement day and their time was moments away. Which, in a way, it was. After all, humans are judgmental right?

They arrived at the checkpoint, it's kind of like the border between two countries when you want to cross from one to the other, except it was much faster. Security was high, not to say it usually wasn't, there was just more today than usual since the Guardians were leaving.

As the limo drove into a different lane to be checked by security, the boys nerves skyrocketed. They were about to go through the portal that would take them to Earth, it was real.

Judgement Day was upon them.

--------

Evan had always dreamed of going to Earth, of meeting a human and learning about them from experience, but he never thought that dream would come true. And the thought of his dream being shattered by this trip made him nervous.

Craig knew Evan had been waiting a long time for this opportunity, even if his brother never actually told him. He had always took an interest in Humanology and researched them whenever he could. He even tried to ask some of the humans in hell what they could remember of the blue and green planet, but they had horrible descriptions.

Probably because they were stuck in Hell.

--------

Security asked for the boys to step out of the car as their bags, boxes, and other cargo was thoroughly checked. Including them.

Then it was time to go through the portal.

----------

The car landed on an abandoned road, it was night, maybe late dusk or early dawn. The driver pulled up a map and tried to figure out their location. Once he did he turned back to the boys.

"Good news boys, we should have you at your new home in about six hours, human time, which you still need to get used to."

"How far off are the two again?"

"Two days back home is four days here."

"Well shit, looks like I'm twice as old now."

---------------------
Hi! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I just wanted to inform you all that I will NOT be updating next Friday! I've decided to take a week break to focus on my schoolwork/mental health. But this story will be updated the following Friday. Thank you for your support and I hope you can understand my reasons. I love you all, BAII.

-Chaos