Chapter 35

SET IT OFF WAS AMAZING CODY CARSON FUCKING REMEMBERED ME HOPE YOU ENJOY
------------------------

"Ow, arm, arm!" Evan yelled as Jonathan began to pull him off to somewhere.

Jonathan, remembering his injury, quickly dropped his arm and switched to the other one. "Sorry Ev."

"It's fine, you look pretty excited about where we're going. And where might that be again?"

Jonathan smiled. "Ha ha, nice try, still not telling you, just follow me. Don't you trust me?" He said teasingly.

"I don't know about that, living with Craig has given me major trust issues." Evan rolled his eyes jokingly, but really he was not looking forward to his boyfriend's surprise.

It's not that he didn't like Jonathan, he was dating him for hell's sake, it's just the whole concept of surprises never really appealed to him. But if surprises made Jonathan happy, then they would make Evan happy too.

---

After a few more blocks worth of walking, Jonathan moved behind Evan and covered his eyes. "No peeking." He said excitedly as he led Evan forward.

Evan walked slowly, putting his hands out with caution. He wasn't kidding about the trust issues earlier, and what was happening really freaked him out, but he went along with it.

"You're not leading me to my death, right?" Evan asked, suddenly walking faster as Jonathan gave him a surprise push. "Uh, Jonathan? Is everything okay? Jonathan?" He asked nervously, worried he was about to fail at his job of being a guardian.

"Oh! Yeah, sorry I just totally blanked there for a second, everything is fine, just keep walking." He said, his words coming out rapidly.

Evan stopped, putting his hands over Jonathan's. "Are you sure everything's okay? You don't sound like it."

"It's fine, Ev! Please, just keep walking." Jonathan said, making Evan start to walk without another word.

------

That was mean, he was just worried about me. Jonathan thought to himself as he led his silent boyfriend through a park. I should've just told him what was up, he wouldn't have minded.

Internally sighing, Jonathan just kept guiding Evan to their destination.

-----

Holy. Shit. Did that actually just happen? Craig thought to himself as he walked into the cafe, ordering a black coffee and settling into a booth. Did I actually just see Evan and Jonathan together? No, no, of course not, that's absurd.

But it didn't feel absurd to Craig, who took a sip of his hot, steaming cup of bitter black coffee. Because he could vividly remember the glare that Jonathan gave him as they spotted each other, it was so filled with anger he was surprised that it hadn't come from another demon.

Craig didn't know what to make of the situation, he saw Evan and Jonathan, that much was clear, but he also saw that Jonathan was covering Evan's eyes for whatever reason.

Are they a thing now? Did Evan actually get into a thing? What does a thing even mean? What do I do now? The questions filled his head so fast, he couldn't focus on one.

I mean, what could he do? The last time he saw Evan was from the top of the stairs and they had just gotten into a big argument, and now he looked nothing like how he did that night.

Today he looked, happy, happy to be away from him, happy to be with Jonathan, just happy for once. Granted, his eyes were being covered and Craig only got a side view, but he could still tell Evan was happier, his jeans were only a dark grey rather than his usual black, and his hood was even down, which usually he only did for school.

Yeah, Craig knew that a lot of people wouldn't really call that as a sure sign of knowing how a person feels, but he could tell, because he had known Evan all his life, he grew up with him. There were only so many ways a demon can express happiness, because it's something they just don't naturally have.

And Craig didn't know how to feel about finding out that Evan had it. He had his happiness.

But somehow Craig knew that it wasn't going to last.

--------

"We're here!" Jonathan said as he moved his hands and revealed to Evan where they were.

Evan gasped. "It's beautiful." He said quietly as he took in the waterfall in front of him.

They were surrounded by trees and stood on an old wooden little bridge and in front of them was a waterfall, small, but not too small.

"I figured you'd like it, it seems very you." Jonathan said, hugging his boyfriend from behind.

"Oh really? What's that supposed to mean?" Evan said as he turned to kiss Jonathan's cheek. "You're the best boyfriend ever."

"Well, its hidden and mysterious, just like you! After all, it seems pretty mysterious that you just appeared." Jonathan said, gesturing to the waterfall.

"Oh yeah? Well, it seems pretty mysterious that you're talking instead of kissing me." Evan said, moving out of Jonathan's grip so he could grab his chin and kiss him.

Jonathan immediately kissed back, wrapping his arms around Evan as the kiss deepened.

But then he pulled away, something didn't feel right.

"Ev, I'm sorry about yelling at you earlier. It was mean and I shouldn't have-"

"It's fine, Jonathan, really, it is, you don't have to apologize." Evan placed his hands reassuringly on his shoulders, smiling.

Jonathan shook his head. "No, it's not. You're my boyfriend, that was wrong. It's just, I didn't want you open your eyes because.....well, I saw Craig."

"What?" Evan took a step back, fear starting to crawl through him.

"Yeah, but he kept walking, he didn't even breathe in our direction, it's fine!" Jonathan insisted. "I wasn't even going to tell you, but I figured you deserved to know."

"Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"Because of everything that's been happening! You know, the big ass argument you guys had? The whole reason you are staying at my house!"

"You really think that me knowing he is somewhere in the vicinity would bother me that much? Come on, I'm not some teenage white girl on her period! I can handle this shit!"

"I know that! Look, Evan, I'm sorry, okay? I'll tell you next time, I promise. Let's just enjoy this." Jonathan said, gesturing to the waterfall.

Evan rolled his eyes in defeat, sighing. "Alright, but only because I like you." He wrapped his arms around Jonathan, placing his own head on his. "This is actually really nice."

Jonathan lightly chuckled. "You sound surprised."

"Well, I never really saw anything like this back home, it's all just really dark and depressing, kind of like the people who live there."

"That doesn't sound like a nice place to live."

"Well, it certainly wasn't perfect, but it was home, so it was perfect to me."