Chapter 37

13K READS OMG YOU ALL ARE TOO NICE. Also, would you like to see some new books from me?

-----------------

Evan decided to head home with Craig, making for a very tense and silent walk.

Once they got home, Evan walked up the first few steps before pausing. He turned over to Craig, his stern look leaving for a few seconds.

"Just so you know, I don't completely hate you, dude. It just, might take a while to forgive you."

"Wait, really? You don't hate me?" Craig asked in shock, a feeling of joy beginning to seep through him.

"Not completely. I mean, I'm still mad about what you did, but not enough to completely hate you for it." Evan continued to walk up the stairs, reaching the top as Craig called up to him.

"Hey Ev? Can I ask you something?" Craig was nervous, maybe now wasn't the right time to ask him this question.

"You just did, but I guess I'll grant you another one." Evan joked, giving Craig a small half smile.

Craig, who was now nervously smiling back, spoke. "So, you and Jonathan, are you two, like, a thing? Please don't hit me!" He said quickly, shielding his face with his arms in defense.

Evan laughed at Craig cowering at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm not gonna hit you, dude. And to answer your question, yes, we are a thing, but don't tell anyone yet, okay? He doesn't want anyone to know just yet. Now fuck off, I'd like to sleep in my room without having you breathing down my neck." Just like that, Evan was back to having his usual edge as he spoke with Craig, who let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god." He said to himself as he proceeded to the kitchen to scavenge for food.

--------

Evan fell onto his bed, breathing in the familiarity of his bedroom as his body hit the bedspread. "Feels good to be home." He said happily, staring at the ceiling with a grin.

After a few peaceful moments of him laying there, his phone buzzed beside him.

Sitting up, he grabbed his phone and unlocked it, noticing he had a new message.

Jonathan: Hey, everything alright?

Evan: Yeah, everything's cool

Jonathan: what about things with Craig, is it still awkward?

Evan: Nah, we chill

Jonathan: Really? After everything that happened, you two are chill???

Evan: Pretty much, I mean, he'll owe me big time, but other than that it's cool

Jonathan: That is so weird

Evan: What do you mean? That's always what we do after bad arguments

Jonathan: You just stay mad for a few weeks then go back to being best friends? I've never even heard about that. It's ridiculous