Chapter 52

Tbh I didn't think all the relationship drama in this book would distract people from reading the foreshadowing and intense flashbacks XD

-----------------------

Evan woke up, his head aching and Craig lightly shaking him.

"Evan! Please, tell me you're okay." He begged, seeing that his brother was awake.

"What happened? Am I on the floor?" Evan was discombobulated, not able to remember anything before he passed out.

"Yes, you are. Evan, do you really not remember what happened?"

"Uh, well, you were out, and I was in here, but I forgot what I was doing."

As Evan sat up, Craig saw that he was still shaking a bit, and he was breathing just a bit faster than usual. He cautiously scooted closer.

"Evan, are you okay?" He lightly touched his arm, causing him to flinch slightly, but he didn't freak out, it just took him a bit longer to relax about the touch.

"I-I think so?" Evan tried to stand, using the table as a grip, and once he stood he saw the empty bottle, and everything came rushing back.

"Evan!" Craig said as Evan began to freak out, backing away from the bottle. "Hey, hey, calm down, everything is fine."

"It's not, it's really not, Craig. You know what I did, but I didn't mean to! I was just so sick of everything!"

"Evan, its fine, really, I don't blame you, I'll clean it up, just go upstairs and relax please. Can you do that for me?" Craig brought Evan into a small, but slow hug, allowing Evan to relax once he touched him.

He nodded. "Yeah, I guess I can do that." Leaving the kitchen, Craig listened as he heard Evan climb the stairs and go into his room, closing the door.

"I'm going to kill him." He growled to himself. "I'm going to kill that cheating fuck for whatever he did to Evan."

-----------------------

He flinched, unable to control it as he sat down at the table next to Craig. Luckily, no one else was there.

"You didn't have to come, I know you must be feeling way off." Craig said, looking at Evan sympathetically.

He shook his head. "No, I can't let it get to me. If I let it get to me, then I'm letting it win."

"Yeah, but I'm sure you need a cool down or something-"

"I'm fine." Evan insisted, his arms crossed on the table angrily. Still, he wasn't wearing his black hoodie.

---

Jonathan sat down. Again, Evan flinched, unable to help it. Suddenly the idea of resetting himself didn't seem so appealing.

Unfortunately, the entire table noticed. Especially since it wasn't as subtle as usual.

"Evan? Are you ok-"

"I'm fucking fine. I swear the next person who asks me that is going to get stabbed in the throat, I don't care who it is." Evan snapped, not knowing where the attitude had come from, but he still wasn't in the mood for this.

No one else said anything about it, and they went back to their usual conversation.

But knowing Evan's luck, that wasn't the end of that dreadful question.

Because within a few moments, Luke had come sauntering up behind them, and Evan had his head down so he didn't notice until he felt his body brush his back. He flinched for the third time.