Chapter 44

DOUBLE UPDATE COME AT ME

----------------------

"W-what?" Evan was thrown off guard, he wasn't prepared for the words that left his boyfriends mouth.

"I-I love you, I really do love you. It's been running through my mind since Monday."

"R-really?"

"Yeah, remember you were sick and right before you fell asleep you said 'I love you'."

Somehow, Evan could feel the color drain from his face. "I thought that was a dream.....don't get me wrong, I mean it! I love you! I really do love you! I just thought that I hadn't actually said it." He had never felt so flustered and stressed out at once.

"You did say it, Ev, and I feel it too. I love you so much, I do." Jonathan said, tears forming in his eyes. "Oh my god, are you shaking?"

Evan nodded as Jonathan pulled him into a hug. "I'm just really happy, I so did not expect this today." Evan said, crying as well.

"I know, Ev. But, it's a happy thing, calm down. I love you."

"I know, I know, I love you too, I love you so fucking much. But, um, is it normal to not be able to breathe in these situations?"

Jonathan's eyes widened. "Holy fuck, are you okay Evan?"

"Yeah, I think so, I'm just feeling a lot of things right now." Evan said, pulling away from the hug and sitting down on his bed.

Jonathan sat next to him, placing an arm across his shoulders. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, and although this has been an amazing few minutes, I kind of want to get back to reorganizing."

"Want me to help you?" Jonathan asked, smiling at him.

"Hell yeah." Evan said, kissing Jonathan before going over to his laptop and pressing play on the show he was watching. "Come here."

Together, well, with Evan mostly showing Jonathan how he wanted things, the couple slowly began to completely reorganize Evan's room.

-----------------------------

"Why do you have so much shit in your room? And what kind of wizardry do you use to make it all fit in there?" Jonathan asked as he walked with Craig and Evan to school. Last night he had ended up sleeping over since him and Evan were up so late.

"Because I like stuff, and I make sure everything has a place." Evan said, linking his hand with Jonathan's.

"Well you two are certainly in a good mood today." Craig commented as he looked straight ahead to catch a glimpse of their friends.

"I'm tired as shit." Jonathan said. "But it's fine because I spent the entire night with my amazing boyfriend."

"And I spent the entire night with my amazing boyfriend." Evan said, kissing Jonathan's cheek.

Now, at this point, most people would be annoyed at the couple's constant affection towards each other, but Craig couldn't. Because never had seen Evan be so happy around someone. Hugging them, kissing them, holding their hand and not caring at all.

To be honest, Craig didn't know Evan could feel that way. He had always been so negative, never wanting to go to social events, hang out with other people, attempt to make friends, Evan had always stuck to his own little bubble ever since he had moved in with him.

Then they were here, amongst humans, and someway, somehow, Evan found a place here, with a group of friends, a boyfriend, and he was just so different that Craig was almost convinced he was a different person. Like he was finally meeting the real Evan, the Evan that had feelings, that had likes and dislikes, that was sarcastic and bitter and all around fun to be around.

"I love you." Craig heard Evan say to Jonathan, ripping him out of his thoughts and catching him off guard.

Evan was in love.

Never had Craig heard those words come out of a demon's mouth with so much meaning, it always had a sarcastic or mocking tone mixed in with it. But that, that was real.

But there was a part of Craig, the sensible, guardian instinct part of him, that knew how dangerous this all was for his friend.

There was something, Craig didn't know what that something was, but there was something all wrong about this entire thing.

But, he didn't want to be the one to figure it out, because he didn't want to see someone he cared so much about break beyond the point of fixing.

Because, he knew Evan, despite how much Evan hated it. He knew nearly everything about him, he knew what happened to his parents, why he hated his parents, he knew the real reason, not the fake one he tells to people.

And he knew that something was going to go wrong, and it was going to go so wrong that it's just going to completely ruin him, it's gonna ruin Evan, and Craig doesn't want to watch that.

But, he has to.

----------------------------

"Hey, so there's a party next week, who's going?" Tyler said as soon as he sat down at the lunch table.

Immediately, everyone agreed, except Evan, who disagreed as soon as the words left his mouth.

"No, I'm not going to another fucking party." He said, sending a glare at Craig. "Don't you dare, bitch I will end you."

"Oh, come on! Ev, this isn't like back home, this party is gonna be fun."

"You said that the last 86 times you took me to a party."

"Come on!"

"No Craig, I'm not going to another party just so I can see the same shit."

"Evan, I won't break the rule this time, okay? And you can leave whenever you want."

"It's still a no Craig, there's alcohol and drugs and people throwing themselves on top of you. I'm done with that shit."

Annoyed, Evan stood up from the lunch table and walked off, leaving his friends behind.

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said he hates parties." Brian commented as soon as Evan had left the cafeteria.

"Yeah, and also, you guys have rules for parties?" David said, confused.

"Oh yeah, Evan has a thing against alcohol, so I'm not allowed to drink when he comes with me." Craig said.

"A thing? What do you mean?" Jonathan asked, hoping that it was an appropriate question for the boyfriend to ask.

"Well, he's just had a bad experience with it, so therefore he wants nothing to do with it. Methyphobia or some shit like that."

"Oh, so I guess he's really not coming then?" Tyler asked, looking towards where Evan had disappeared.

Craig shrugged. "I could probably convince him to come on one condition; none of you drink so much as a drop of alcohol. Because trust me, Evan will flip his shit." He said seriously, looking at all of his friend individually.

"Yeah, I can do that, if you can get Evan to come I'll respect his wishes and not drink at all." Jonathan said seriously.

Craig looked at everyone else, and they all slowly nodded.

"Alright, then its settled. I have to get that stubborn bitch to come to another party."