Chapter 45

DID SOMEONE SAY TRIPLE UPDATE

-------------

"For the millionth time, jackass, I refuse to go to this stupid party!" Evan shouted through his door to Craig, who didn't want to get punched when he mentioned the party to Evan.

"Evan! Come on! I'll make the guys promise not to drink anything! I swear! Please just go!"

"No, Craig. This is the first time when I can actually choose what to do with an invitation, a real invitation to a party and I choose to stay at home! Why can't you just accept that!"

"Because you know me! I'm a party person, and Evan I have never once been to a party without you and I don't want to start now!" After a moment of silence, Craig sighed, leaning his head on the door. "Look, Ev, I know that ever since we got here we haven't been on the best of terms, in fact I'm pretty sure you still hate me because of what happened weeks ago, but Ev, everyone else is going. And I know, that doesn't sound appealing to you, I know it doesn't, but I promise you, you can stay there for a minute then leave and I wouldn't care, I just want you to be there because you want to, not because anyone forced you.

It's like you said, this is the first time you've got a real invitation, from real friends, and I don't want you to pass that up because of things that happened back home. Please, just think about it. If not for me, then the guys, they really want you there."

Evan, who was sat on his bed with his laptop open in front of him, sighed, debating what to do.

Finally, he swiveled his legs out from underneath him and pushed himself off the bed, making his way to his door. He opened it, causing Craig to nearly fall on top of him.

"Sorry." Craig mumbled quickly after seeing how fast Evan jumped back.

Shaking off the awkward moment, Evan spoke. "Alright, fine, I'll go to the stupid fucking party, but I have one request, besides the alcohol thing."

"Yes! Anything you want, anything at all."

"You have to go on a date with Tyler."

"Pardon?"

"Tyler. You have to go on a date with him, Jonathan asked me last night and I didn't know how to ask you but if I have to go to this party, then you have to go on a date with Tyler. This weekend, Friday, pick him up at seven you're going to dinner."

"When did you make these decisions for me? Do I not get a choi-"

"I don't think you want to finish that comment of yours, Craig."

"Right, you are absolutely right. So, Friday at seven, picking him up at his place? Sounds great, just fantastic."

"I already texted Jonathan to let him know."

"I hope you know that I'm only doing this-"

"Oh shut up, you know I'm doing you a favor. You totally have a crush on Tyler, don't try to deny it."

"Fine."

"Don't take that tone with me."

----------------------------

Jonathan knocked on Tyler's door unenthusiastically, he knew why Tyler wanted to talk to him in person rather than over the phone.

"Oh good, you're here." Tyler said as he opened the door and spotted his friend. "Come on in. Mom! Jonathan's here! We'll be in my room!" He shouted through the house to his mother.

"Alright!" She replied from the living room, where she was watching some ghost hunting show.

Tyler closed the door of his room, turning to face the boy who was sat on his bed, typing away on his phone.

"Are you seriously texting Luke right now?" Tyler said disapprovingly.

Jonathan looked up from his phone, smiling with amusement. "No, I'm texting Evan. He says Craig agreed to the date, he's picking you up on Friday at seven. He's also going to the party."

"Proof." Tyler said, and Jonathan reluctantly showed him his phone screen. He wasn't lying, this time. "Alright."

"So, what did you want to talk to me about? What to wear on your date? Because I don't think you should wear what you're wearing now. Yikes."

"Shut up, you know why I wanted to talk to you here, private and in person. At the party, I don't want you to be with Luke, don't even say hi to him."

"But-"

"Let me finish! It doesn't matter whether or not Evan is coming, I would still tell you this even if he said no. We are all going to be there, so if you start making out with Luke in a corner someone is going to see you, and someone is going to tell. It doesn't matter who sees, but it matters if they tell. Do you really want Evan to find out about this from someone else?"

"Well, no, but I don't think I could hang out with Luke regardless, he's a drinker, so he'll probably smell like alcohol and Evan doesn't like that."

"How sweet of you to think of your boyfriend's feelings."

"Well, I'm trying to keep this shit a secret too! What kind of idiot do you think I am to let my boyfriend know I'm cheating on him?"

"An idiot who cheats on his boyfriend, who has already admitted that he loves you, and has very visibly shown that you are the only person he trusts!"

"He trusts Craig!"

"Oh yeah? When was the last time you saw Evan hug anyone, literally anyone, except you, huh? When was it? Who was it?"

"He hugged your mom!"

"No, my mom hugged him while he silently freaked out over the contact! Do you even know your boyfriend at all?!"

"Of course I do! I love him!"

"Don't lie to me."