Chapter 39

This is a long one, prepare yourselves. Also, thank you guys for 17K reads!

---------------------------------

"Tonight's the night!" Evan said, jumping onto Jonathan's bed as they entered his room.

Jonathan rolled his eyes, shrugging off his backpack and leaving it on the floor. "I was hoping you'd forget about that."

"How could I forget about it? We're going to a haunted house!" He pumped his fist into the air in excitement as Jonathan settled in next to him.

"And summoning demons....." His boyfriend added uneasily.

"Come on! I bet if you ever met a demon, you'd like him." Evan joked, a laughing tone in his voice that he tried very hard to keep light. After all, Jonathan didn't know he was dating a demon.

"Yes, of course I would. 'Hi demon, you're not scary, will you marry me?' Be realistic, Ev. Demons hate everything." Jonathan cuddled into Evan's side, wrapping his arm around his torso.

Evan was hurt, but he didn't show it. "Oh yeah? Well, one day, I'm going to show you they care, maybe not about everything, but they care. I promise you that." Evan messed with his boyfriend's hair as they laid there.

"And I'll be sure to take a picture of the flying pig in the background." Jonathan replied sarcastically.

Evan silently thanked whatever was out there that Jonathan had given him good joke material. "Rude. You know Tyler's sensitive about that."

-------------

"Evan, I know that the whole 'wearing all black' is kind of your thing, but you're not gonna scare us when we get inside right?" Tyler said from behind Evan and Jonathan as they made their way to the house.

"I make no promises!" Evan called back, suddenly getting a rush of light-headedness, causing him to stop for a few seconds. "Woah." He spoke involuntarily.

"Are you okay?" Jonathan asked immediately, placing his arm on his boyfriend's shoulder.

Evan took a deep breath, nodding. "Yeah I'm fine, just got a weird feeling. It was probably deja vu or something." He smiled, continuing to walk again.

That was weird, he thought to himself as they continued on their way.

-----

"Oh, sorry Ev, there's a 'No Trespassing' sign, guess we have to go back." Jonathan said, turning around and beginning to walk, only to be pulled back by Evan.

Evan pulled him in for a kiss while he used one hand to rip the sign down behind him. He pulled away. "What sign? Let's go."

Dropping the sign on the floor, Evan eyed the fence for a few heartbeats before beginning to climb it, reaching the top in a matter of seconds.

He dropped onto the other side with ease, catching the bag that Craig threw over to him. He held it on his hand as he made his way up the path, his friends climbing the fence behind him.

"You don't belong here, GO HOME." A voice whispered in his head, yet he was unfazed by it since he knew it was just a pesky ghost trying to chase him away.

You're good, this is gonna be fun. He said to himself, finally being joined by his friends halfway up the path.

"I'm not going in first!" Tyler shouted, shoving Evan towards the door. "Your idea, your death first."

Evan laughed. "I'm not gonna die, Tyler. You guys are scared for nothing." He pushed open the door, stepping inside as his friends filed in behind him.