Chapter 36

Sorry I didn't update Friday the chapter wasn't done and it was my dads birthday. Also, sorry it's not as good as the others.

----------

One Week Later (3 and a half days in Hell)

"Are you sure you want to do this, Ev? We can still wait if you want to."

"I have to go back sometime, Jonathan, might as well be now."

"But things are so good right now! Let's just do this later, ya know? Better late than never." Jonathan pulled Evan into a kiss, right in the middle of his room.

Evan pulled away after a few seconds. "That's not how that saying works and you know it." He said with a sad smile. "Now, come on, let's get ready for school."

-------

"Man, he's certainly taking his time today, isn't he?" Craig said to his friends as they waited in their usual spot for Jonathan.

"He probably slept in, it happens sometimes." Tyler shrugged, looking back at his phone to play a game. "Nothing to worry about."

Craig rocked back and forth on his heels, contemplating if today was the day that Jonathan would finally confront him about what had happened, so far they had avoided but Craig knew it was coming. After their argument, Craig knew that something was coming, something always happens after arguments, at least, in Hell that's what happens.

--------

"You want to tell them about us, or wait?" Evan asked as they left Jonathan's house, their hands linked.

"I don't know, we still have the situation with Craig to worry about. Maybe it's not a good time, what do you think?" Jonathan turned his head to look at Evan, who was looking forward.

"I mean, I really want to tell them, just because I'm sort've impulsive about certain things, but I'll follow whatever you want to do, don't let me interfere with your decision." He said after a few moments of them walking in silence. "But, you might want to decide now, we're almost there."

Jonathan stopped, bringing Evan to a half beside him, smiling at him. He felt a bit faint, wondering if he could actually make this decision, it seemed so hard. Somehow, both options seemed wrong.

But, after a few heartbeats, his decision was made, and words fell out of his mouth so soon after that he couldn't question it any longer.

"I don't want to tell them."

Immediately, Evan dropped his boyfriend's hand, and continued walking like nothing happened.

After a few seconds, Jonathan followed behind, only slightly dreading his decision.

--------

"Oh! I think I see him!" David said excitedly, causing everyone to turn their heads.

"Finally! Shit, Jonathan, what took so long- Oh." Tyler said, his eyes widening as he saw Evan. "Heh, hey Evan."

Evan had a bored, yet excited look on his face. "Sup." He said coolly as both him and Jonathan joined the group.

"Evan!" Craig shouted as he ran over and pulled his fellow demon into a hug. "I'm so, so, so sorry, Ev. I didn't mean any of it!"

Instead of replying to what Craig had said, Evan ignored him and put an angry look on his face. "Off." He said in a demanding tone.

Craig immediately let go. "Right, sorry, but Evan please-"

"C'mon guys, let's go, we're gonna be late." Evan cut off his brother, starting to walk towards the school, waving his hand so that everyone would follow him.

Tyler brushed past Craig, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. "He'll come around, cheer up."

As Tyler walked away, Craig mumbled under his breath. "You don't know him."

-----------

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to finally show up to my class." Mr. Bishop said as Evan strolled into the class room, a binder and some papers tucked underneath his arm.

He placed his things on his desk, shrugging his bag off his shoulder, chuckling lightly. "Well, I'm sorry that I have better things to do that sit in class all day."

"Very funny, Evan, but what's not funny is that amount of make up work that you have to do." His arms crossed as he gave the demon a stern look.

Evan leafed through his bag for a few seconds before sliding out a small stack of papers and sauntering over to his desk. He nearly slammed the papers down as he said. "Make up work? I have no idea what you're talking about, this is all my class work from the past two weeks or so."

"Well, it seems you had an awful lot of time to accomplish that." The teacher counted, grasping for any reason to get Evan in trouble.

"What can I say? It was a long flight to Italy." Evan stormed back to his chair, placing his bag onto the floor next to him.

It was then that students slowly began to trickle into the room, having about two minutes left to get to class. One of the last students in was Craig, followed by Tyler who came in a second behind him, thirty seconds before the bell.

"Hey." Craig said, hoping to start a conversation.

Evan ignored him, rolling his eyes as he put headphones in his ears and pulled his hood up a bit, moving his head closer to his notebook as he once again began to doodle.

----------------

"I want to go home." Evan grumbled to Jonathan at the lunch table as they waited for everyone to arrive. "I don't want to be here."

Jonathan lightly ran his hands through his boyfriend's hair. "I told you that we didn't have to come."

"I thought it would be easy! Just show up, ignore Craig and the rest would fall into place! But now that I'm here, I just want to go home." He buried his head underneath his arms and hood as he slumped onto the surface of the table.

After a few seconds of sulking, Jonathan spoke up. "Guys are coming, just outside of cafeteria door."

Evan shot up like a rocket, pushing his hood down and running a hand through his hair to fix it. Then he placed an elbow on the table, fixed a bored look on his face and half closed his eyes to complete the look.

"Hey guys." Tyler said, earning a half glance from Evan as he replied with a bored 'Sup'.

"Ev, you good?" Marcel asked, placing his lunch bag on the table as he sat down. "You don't seem as happy as you were this morning."

"Because I remembered how emotionally draining it is to be a slave to the public education system." Evan replied, moving his elbow and sitting up a bit. "So, what did I miss?"

"Nothing, just the grueling everyday tasks of class." Tyler said.

Craig, who sat on the opposite side of Tyler, stayed silent, subtlety observing both Evan and Jonathan to see if his theory was correct and they were dating. So far, nothing was set in stone, since Craig had noticed they didn't take any opportunity to be alone, as most couples would, but he still watched.

In his mind, even though Evan hated him, it would be nice to know what he got himself into.

Because he's gonna be the only there when it all comes crashing down.