Chapter 51

This chapter is written as a compilation of moments following the day after the last chapter all the way to the end of that month and possibly into the next.

Also, take off your sunglasses cause' I might be throwing some shade.

EDIT: One of my editors hates me for writing this while the other one loves all the drama XD

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Evan didn't even care about anything.

Not his hair, not his clothes, not the way he talked, the way he looked, nothing. He woke up, immediately feeling pissed off, yet passive. He stalked over to his closet and picked out the thing closest to him, a red flannel, gray skinny jeans, and a light gray hoodie with the sleeves cut off, far off from what he usually wore, but he didn't care.

Surprisingly enough, the outfit he chose didn't look as terrible as he initially thought, not that he was going to change if it looked atrocious, he was just pleased it looked okay.

He ran a hand through his hair so that there was a tuft hanging out when he pulled up his hood, shrugging on the flannel to stay in dress code and slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Come on, fucker." He called half-heartedly into the hall as he walked downstairs.

"Fine, fine, I'm coming-whoa." Craig said, stopping after he saw what Evan was wearing.

"What? Do I really look that bad?" He asked, looking down at his outfit.

"No, you look fine, I'm just not used to so much color on you." Craig said, smiling at him as they walked out. "Come on, let's not leave them waiting."

-------

They arrived at their meeting spot, where everyone was already waiting for them. Tyler eagerly greeted Craig, much to everyone's surprise, while Evan avoided any and all association with Jonathan, which was expected.

He waved, creating a silent greeting which no one questioned.

When they began to walk, Evan felt a bit out of place, like he had in Hell when he would tag along with Craig to outings with his friends. He didn't know who to walk with, since he wasn't speaking to his ex and everyone else was caught up in conversation. So, he stuck to the back, which caused Jonathan to be pulled up front so he was as far away from him as possible.

----

"You fucking broke him." Tyler stated as soon as he sat down at the lunch table, immediately catching Jonathan's attention.

"Excuse me?" Jonathan nearly choked on his food, not knowing what Tyler was talking about.

"Evan. You broke him. He didn't argue with Mr. Bishop at all today, and he set Evan up for so many jokes! In fact, I haven't heard him speak once today. You. Broke. Him." Tyler sounded pissed off, yet sympathetic for Evan.

The rest of the table took the information in after a few seconds, but once it sank in they turned angry glances at Jonathan. They had finally learned just how serious this relationship was.

A few minutes later, Craig arrived, alone.

"Hey." He said, casual like nothing was wrong.