Chapter 8

I WAS READING PHANFICTION I AINT EVEN SORRY ABOUT THE LATE CHAPTER BITCHES

-----------

"Are you sure it's ok that we sit with you and your friends at lunch?"

"Stop worrying, Evan. It's gonna be fine. Now try again."

Evan sighed and tried once more to open his locker, using the combination that had been on his schedule. Failing once again, he looked at Tyler, hoping he could help. Tyler shook his head in amusement and helped him.

"Ok, so you first go around the zero three times. One....two....three, then go to the first number of your combination, which is 7, then you go the opposite way, passing the first number, which is 7. Once you do that, you go to the second number, 32 and then go to the last number, 15."

Tyler pushed down on the lock, hearing a satisfying click as the silver arch that had been keeping it locked opened. He smiled and looked at Evan.

"See? Now you try."

Evan nodded and clicked the lock closed, slowly starting to repeat what Tyler did to open it. After a few more failed attempts, he finally got the hang of it, opening the lock several times with ease.

Once Craig had also gotten the hang of opening the lock, the lunch bell rang, just in time. Tyler grabbed Evan by the arm, who latched on to Craig's arm and they were dragged to the cafeteria. It reminded Evan of the choosing ceremony a few weeks back, when Craig nearly broke his wrist. Oddly enough, the memory brought a smile to his face.

Tyler stopped in front of two open doors which led to the cafeteria, as Tyler had pointed it out earlier in the tour. Tyler let go of Evan's arm and Evan let go of Craig's arm. Tyler turned around to look at them, smiling.

"The guys are in there, just follow me, ok? And for the last time don't worry, they'll love you."

Evan and Craig followed Tyler as they entered the cafeteria, they looked around curiously as kids walked around looking for friends and taking food to their tables. A few kids turned to look at them, whispering to their friends and pointing. After all, they were the new kids, of course people would talk about them.

Finally Tyler started to slow down as they approached a table with six other boys who seemed to be laughing at a joke. The boys looked up as the trio approached them.

"Hey Tyler, where have you been all day? And who are they?"

"Hey Marcel, I was just showing the new kids around the school. Is it ok if they sit with us?"

The boys looked up from their conversation and noticed Evan and Craig standing behind Tyler. The boy Tyler was talking to, Marcel, nodded and moved so that they could have enough room to fit Evan and Craig. He smiled.

"Hi, I'm Marcel."

"I'm Evan and this is Craig. Pleasure to meet you."

After Marcel introduced himself and shook their hands, the others introduced themselves as well.

"I'm Lui."

"David."

"Brock."

"Brian."

"Jonathan."

Both Evan and Craig mentally checked their names off the list of humans they were sent to protect. Looks like the gang was all here.

Tyler was right, it wasn't long before the group of boys was joking as if they had known each other for years. They seemed to have warmed up to the two teens fairly quickly, and even witnessed a few more of their pointless arguments.

"Hey, Tyler." David whispered as Craig and Evan were having another small argument.

"Yeah?"

"Do they always argue like this?"

"Pretty much."

Satisfied with the answer, David nodded just as the two finished, Craig giving Evan the satisfaction of winning.

"You two could argue for weeks if we gave you the right topic." Jonathan commented as the two boys focused on the rest of the group.

"I think the longest we've argued about something was a month, actually."

"A month?! Wow, what was it about?"

Craig thought about what to say, the argument had been about the history of Angels, but he couldn't say that to the group of humans, luckily Evan jumped in.

"It was about some history thing I think, Craig thought the British were right and I took the American side. It was intense, to say the least."

"Sounds like it, I can't even argue for fifteen minutes."

Tyler cut in. "That's because you suck at arguments."

"I do not."

"Actually, you really do."

"Shut up, Brock. You suck at arguments too."

"I know, but at least I don't deny it."

"Whatever. So how do you guys like Sorority Hell?"

"It's certainly different from the schooling we've been given."

"Yeah, I bet. Homeschooling sounds a blast compared to here, though."

"Not really, its kind of boring having a private tutor teach you things in a room all by yourself. You actually have to learn."

"Private tutor?!"

"Yeah, our parents didn't really believe in the whole online schooling."

"But aren't private tutors really expensive, especially for the two of you? For like 13 years?"

"You act like we come from the poorest family who lives in a third world country."

"Well, I didn't expect you to be rich."

"I wouldn't really consider it to be rich, just a little more privileged than others."

"Yeah a lot privileged."

"You have no idea." Evan mumbled to himself as Craig continued to talk to Jonathan about their 'homeschooling' and how interesting it was. It didn't help that Evan's wings felt cramped underneath his shirt, usually he didn't mind but he had to keep them closed very tight against his back to not draw suspicion so they were starting to hurt. He couldn't wait until the day was over.

Eventually, the whole table was just listening to Craig as he talked, except Evan, who just pretended to listen. Jonathan was curious about the two, they just didn't seem normal, granted new kids never seem normal, even if they are rich and have been homeschooled their entire lives, there was just something about them that made them different. But he was probably overreacting.

They were just regular, normal, new kids who transferred to their school all the way from England and have been homeschooled their entire lives. There was nothing suspicious about them.

Absolutely nothing.