Chapter 43

I HAVE SCHOOL ON MONDAY BITCH IM NOT READY

------------------

The day after Jonathan had come over to take care of Evan was the day Evan felt worse. He woke up in excruciating pain and could barely lift his head up, he felt truly miserable.

In fact, he didn't even bother to try getting out of bed, instead he just took the covers and pulled them over his face so if Craig came in, he would know to go away.

His phone lay untouched on his bedside table, since he just screwed his eyes shut in hopes of getting back to sleep so the pain wouldn't bother him.

He heard Craig's door open, his footsteps down the hall and down the stairs, and finally heard the front door open and close. Evan waited a few minutes before letting out a loud groan of pain, hoping it would deplete his energy enough so he would fall asleep.

-------------------

"Are you kidding me? You lost the fucking map? How the hell did you manage to do that?" He snarled at his business partner, who was cowering in the passenger seat.

"It just flew out the window, like I told you!" He said, fear lacing his voice.

"Bullshit! You're trying to protect them, aren't you? You're working for the enemy!"

"No, I'm not! I swear!"

"Yes you are, you want to protect those humans and their guardians. The demon and whatever the fuck the other one is."

"Why would I do that? Do you see me getting an invite to Hell anytime soon?"

"That's your motivation! You're just being a spy so that you can get into-"

"Will you shut up, already? I'm pretty sure you missed the exit with all your yelling!"

-----------------

It had been two days since Jonathan visited Evan and he all of a sudden felt like his normal self, sarcastic and bitter with an undertone of rage.

He pounded on Craig's door. "Wake up, loser, we've got places to be!" He yelled through the closed door as he walked into the bathroom to fix his hair.

Craig groggily exited his room. "Guess you're feeling better."

"Better? Bitch, it's like nothing even happened! I'm on top of the fucking world right now!"

"Yeah, you're definitely better." Craig mumbled under his breath as Evan went back into his room to look for his black jacket that Jonathan had brought back when he came to check on him.

---------------

The guys were a bit late, so that left Jonathan and Tyler alone together on the sidewalk.

"You remember what I said yesterday, right? I won't tell, but you better make sure you don't ignore Evan. If I see so much as a hint of ignoring, I'm telling, Jonathan. No questions asked." Tyler warned, casting a sideways glare at his friend.

"I know, Tyler! Trust me, everything is gonna be fine, I'm gonna spend plenty of time with Evan, Luke is just a side thing. It's not serious." Jonathan reassured Tyler, while also reassuring himself, he was just having a bit of fun, right? Evan didn't have to know.