Chapter 9

Evan tossed his bag next to the front door as he walked in, Craig doing the same as he walked in behind his brother. Evan shrugged off his jacket and relaxed his wing muscles, which ached from behind so close together.

"It feels good to be home!" He yelled as he fell onto the couch, grabbing the remote off the coffee table and turning the television on. He was really getting used to the whole human thing now, the way they usually watched a screen for enjoyment and such.

"Yeah, it does." Craig chuckled as he made his way up the stairs to his room, leaving Evan on the couch. Being human was a bit more difficult for him, he didn't find the point in most things like Evan did, but he would probably get used to it eventually.

Actually, he had to get used to it, no buts about it...

----------------------------

"Do you think that Tyler and them find us weird? Like there's something wrong with us?" Evan asked as he bit into the sandwich Sebastian had made. It had only been his first day of being a human teenager, he wasn't sure how to act around others.

"I think we're fine, Ev."

"But, what if-"

"Ev relax, ok? Everything is gonna be fine. We're gonna go to school, be a human, protect the humans and do plenty of other stuff. We'll be fine. Humans can do it and so can we." Craig said reassuringly, cutting the other boy off.

"But we're not human." Evan mumbled as he continued to eat his food. He had never felt so worried over anything in his life, probably because nothing was as important as proving themselves to their entire realm.

Or they would know what true hell is like.

--------------------------

"I like them, they seem nice." Jonathan said as he scrolled through his phone, laying upside down on Tyler's bed.

The small group of boys was talking about their opinions of the new kids and so far everyone took one of two sides. Side one- they were nice and they already considered them friends. Side two- they were kind of weird and antisocial. So far side one was winning.

"I agree with Jonathan, they're cool." Tyler said, thinking about the conversation he had with the two boys during their tour.

"But don't you think that their arguing will get annoying after awhile?" David asked, returning from the restroom.

"Hey, we let you stay even with your ridiculous accent." Lui remarked, smirking at David.

"Brian has the same accent!"

"But his is normal."

"Screw you, Lui."

"Enough you two, I think we should let them hang it with us. They'll be great friends." Tyler stated, finalizing the decision. He didn't see why the new kids wouldn't be great friends, sure they had their flaws but everyone did and that's what made all of them friends. They were a family of misfits.

Little did he know he had just become friends with the biggest outcasts of them all.

----------------

"Craig, I told you this already. The only reason the Angels didn't completely wipe out our kind is because Lucifer begged Michael not to. The deal was that if the Angels left Lucifer to create his own realm, which is Hell, then he wouldn't start another war. So he left and created our home and the first of our kind, considering his followers used to be rebellious Angels."