Chapter 33

OMG 9K READS GUYS THIS IS HUGE TWO CHAPTERS AGO IT WAS 7K I LOVE YOU ALL

------------

It wasn't real, Evan thought to himself, running a hand through his hair as he thought over what had happened the night before. None of that happened, it was a dream, a crazy, stupid, out of the ordinary dream. He tried to convince himself, biting at his lip ring.

But why was it so real? So amazing? So much of everything I've always wanted but could never have? The thought popped into his head without warning, filling him with even more confusion.

When Jonathan had texted him, he just lied that he had been sleeping, the truth was he had been up since before his friend had even left for school. Last night really had him freaked out.

Because last night meant so much to him, so much more than anything else he had ever done.

Last night he had his first kiss, and it was so incredible that he couldn't believe it had happened. Because it couldn't happen.

You're a demon, he's a human. It  can't work, it will never work. Demons can't love, you can't love.......but that kiss was so incredible. Everything about that kiss was.....incredible.

Evan thought back to this morning, for at least the fifth time, and let everything sink in just a bit deeper.

---

It was around six thirty in the morning, and Evan had woken up with Jonathan's arms wrapped around him and his own arms around Jonathan. His head was on Jonathan's chest and Jonathan's head was on top of his.

Without thinking, Evan smiled to himself, because he was happy, so, so happy.

He waited until the other boy woke up with a small yawn, but just as he was about to say good morning he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep, realizing he didn't know how to act in this situation.

Jonathan gently moved his head as he slid out from underneath him. Evan could hear him say a quiet 'aww' before walking around his room to assumably get ready for school.

Evan stayed still, pretending to be asleep until he heard the front close to signify that Jonathan had completely left for school. But it was hard to not open his eyes when Jonathan had kissed the top of his head before leaving his room.

------

That's how Evan came to be sitting on the edge of Jonathan's bed, nervously tugging on his lip ring and running a hand through his hair in panic.

For the first time since he had been at Jonathan's house, he was thinking about the whole reason he was there. In an instant all his worries crashed down on him, making him stress out way worse than usual, he was even on the verge of a panic attack.

Everything was just too much.

The argument with Craig, protecting everyone, hiding the fact that he was a demon, and now the kiss with Jonathan. It was too much to worry about all at once.

"Breathe, just breathe, Ev. You're cool, you're good, it's gonna be fine. Don't worry, just don't worry." He said to himself, looking like a madman to anyone who walked in the room. The way his hands ran through his hair so frantically, his teeth starting to tear the skin of his lip, and his eyes that looked so tired and scared you would think he's insane.