Chapter 42

Tbh this is one of my favorite chapters I've written. Also, WE HIT 20K!!! Thank you so much and yes I have been pushing out more updates lately because I'm really excited about this story. Also, would you guys like to see a new book from me soon?

------------------

Tyler slid into the seat of the diner, a pretty unusual spot for him to meet his friend, but he wanted to make sure the chances of meeting someone else from the group was as low as possible. So, he had chosen the spot for this 'meeting' by finding a good, local place to get food at.

He ordered himself a drink, just a Sprite, nothing fancy, and had began to check out the menu when Jonathan walked in.

The boy looked around for a few heartbeats before his eyes landed on Tyler, who he immediately bounded over to.

"Hey Tyler, how was school? Did I miss something?" He slid into the opposite side of the booth Tyler picked.

Tyler looked up from the menu, placing it on the table to bring his full attention to his friend. "Nah, it was just the same old shit as usual, you know?"

"So, why did you want to meet me here of all places?" Just then the waitress appeared, and the two placed their orders before continuing to speak.

"Because I don't want everyone else to barge in unexpectedly, I need to talk to you and you alone. So how are things with Evan?"

Jonathan looked down at the table, fidgeting with his phone. "Great, it's going really great, but, no it's stupid, things are great."

"Wait, back up, is something wrong? Please don't tell me something's wrong, Craig is already onto you, dude." Tyler spoke,  changing the position he was sitting in.

Jonathan's head shot up. "What? Why? What did I do?"

"Nothing, he's just got that whole protective best friend going on! Wait, why are you so worried?" Tyler said, inspecting his friend's facial features. "Jonathan, what did you do?"

"Nothing! But, um, to answer your question earlier, nothing really is wrong, it's just, I was sort of shocked by something Evan told me. But, he is sick so it was probably some disease that was in his head, right?"

"What did he say?" Tyler asked, the refills for their drinks appearing.

"It's not true, right Tyler? It can't be true, I want it to be true, but I also don't, Tyler. What do I do?" Jonathan left his phone on the table as he put both of his arms down in panic.

"What did he say?" Tyler demanded.

"He, uh, well, he told me he loved me." Jonathan said, taking a deep breath as he heard the words leave his mouth. "Sorry, that was the first time I've said it out loud."

"Oh my god, dude, when was this?"

"This morning when I went to go check on him, he said it to me right before he fell asleep. You don't think he meant it, right?"

"I don't know, I mean, Evan doesn't seem like the type to just say that sort of thing without meaning to, you know? He's all closed off and basically hates everyone, so for him to say that, that's just a curveball I can't catch. But, why are you so scared? That's why you're dating him, right? Because you like him, and there might be a possibility of a future?"

"I didn't expect it to come so fast, though-"

"You've been dating for over a month! I'm sorry Jonathan, but usually that's how these things work. Relationships are always supposed to feel like they're going too fast. At one point, I thought our friendship was going too fast!"