Chapter 1

Sam and Dean Winchester plop down on their beds as their dad leaves them once again. He'll be back soon; he's going on a hunting trip with his friend Bobby, so he will be gone for a week or so. Sam and Dean are used to it; they've been doing this for years.
The part of this they aren't used to is being dropped off somewhere they've never been before when John Winchester leaves them. They've just moved into their new apartment, if you can even call it moving in. John basically kicked them to the curb with their suitcases and a couple hundred dollars to spend until he gets back. They have nothing but clothes for a couple weeks, in case John and Bobby stay it for longer than expected, and some electronics, as well as supplies for their favorite thing ever: school. If you read that as sarcasm, you didn't read it sarcastically enough.
The boys have been to a lot of schools in their time. John moves around a lot for work, and the boys have to come with him. They've been to at least one new school every year, but this time, John swears they're here to stay. For Dean, it won't be much of a difference, because it's his last year until freedom from the hellhole that is the educational system. Sam is a freshman, though, so he has to at least attempt to make himself at home. After all, it will be his home for the next four years.
Dean looks over at his brother, who's staring at the ceiling. "Hey, Sammy."
Sam groans. "Sam!" he corrects Dean.
"Yeah, whatever, Sammy," Dean replies with a smirk. "What do you want to do?"
"Nothing."
Dean frowns at his brother's boring answer. "We can't just stare at the sky for the next couple hours."
"Why not?" Sam whines.
"Because I happen to know where we can get some food."
Dean knows this will get to Sam, because they haven't eaten since breakfast, and it's now far past lunch. It was a long drive in their '67 Chevy Impala, and John didn't want to stop to eat, because even though his sons would get lunch, he'd have to keep driving, so it wasn't worth it to him. Consequently, they're both starving.
"As long as it's not McDonald's," Sam replies, being the healthy person he is.
"Of course it's not McDonald's!" Dean says as if it's obvious. "McDonald's doesn't have any pie!"

Castiel lies in his bed, as he tends to do a lot. He's thinking about his homework, mentally checking the facts of his essay due tomorrow. He knows it's right, but it's a fairly big part of his grade, so if there's anything he could do better, he will.
There's a knocking on the door. At first Castiel ignores it, but after the second round of knocks, he realizes it's coming from outside his room. He glances at the door, debating whether or not it's worth getting up to answer. He decides against it.
"Yes?" he calls, not getting out of bed to see who it is.
"Hey, Castiel!" Anna calls back. "I need help with my homework!"
Castiel sighs, quietly enough that his adoptive sister can't hear him. He sits up so there's room on his bed if she wants to sit. "Come in."
Anna opens the door and carefully closes it, knowing he doesn't want to deal with his siblings looking in. She sits down next to him on his bed, pulling out an essay she wrote for something.
"Can you read this and then initial it so I can tell my teacher someone checked it over?" she asks.
"Why don't you ask Chuck?" Castiel asks. Chuck is their adoptive father, but in a family as big as theirs, he isn't usually the homework helper for everyone. That's why Castiel isn't surprised when Anna tells him he's already helping Samandriel with his homework. It's his first year in high school, so even being the bright kid he is, he's struggling adapting to it.
"Am I supposed to correct this?" Castiel asks.
"Yeah," Anna replies.
"Do you actually want me to correct this?"
"No."
Castiel can't help but grin. "Alright. Give me a minute." He reads it over quickly, telling her everything she has wrong, but not writing it because she doesn't want to have to fix it. Even though they're both sophomores, Castiel is in much higher classes, so he's generally her homework helper because he took most of her classes last year. He initials the bottom of her paper and hands it back. "Alright, all set."
Anna grins. "Thanks, Castiel!" she says, heading to the door. As she's about to leave, she says, "Hey, I'm watching Hunger Games with Lucifer, Gabe, Balthazar and Samandriel. Want to watch with us?"
"No, I'm all set," he replies, exactly as Anna knew he would. It's sort of a tradition now, where Anna asks him if he wants to do something social, and he politely declines because he doesn't like being social, even with his family. Plus, he's already read the book. Why would he watch the movie?
Anna leaves him alone, and when the door shuts, he grabs his computer. He doesn't look for anything in particular, but sitting around doing nothing is much less appealing when you're interrupted in the middle of it. He surfs through YouTubers until he ends up watching music videos to whatever songs come up. He needs to find a hobby, because he's running out of books, and he can only listen to music for so long.
Castiel sighs, shutting his laptop. This is why he likes school much more than the weekends. At least at school, he has something to do. No one to talk to, sure, but something to do, which is more than he can say for his house. He can't wait for tomorrow. He has to be the only person in the world that wants it to be Monday.