Chapter 34

Time skip to lunch the next day. You know what day it is now? Tuesday!
"What are you eating?" Charlie asks, eyeing Dean's food in distaste.
"Pig 'n a poke!" Dean replies.
"What's that?" Kevin asks curiously.
"Only the best thing ever!" Dean replies enthusiastically. "You know, except pie. I looked it up online. Like, Tuesday, pig 'n a poke!"
"You decided to eat a pig 'n a poke because it's Tuesday?" Castiel repeats. "How does the fact that it's Tuesday affect anything?"
Dean shrugs. "Not sure. It just felt right."
Castiel raises an eyebrow. "That makes no sense."
"It doesn't have to make sense," Dean replies. "Nothing I say makes sense. You should be used to that by now."
"Dean gets it from me," Charlie adds. 
Castiel chuckles. "Yeah, looks like it. You two are equally crazy in the best way possible."
Kevin gives him an exaggerate frown. "No, Castiel, don't join the crazy side!" he warns playfully. "Crazy isn't good! Don't do it! Don't leave me the only sane one!"
Castiel laughs again. "Alright, I'll stay normal because you asked me to."
Dean nudges him and gestures to the doorway of the cafeteria. They all look over to see Lucifer looking around, searching for a seat for the first time since his first day of freshman year. His seat has always been saved for him. He doesn't have a backup plan.
Castiel looks back at Dean as he asks, "Can he sit here? I'd feel bad if he was all alone because he decided to stop being a jerk."
Dean hesitates, then nods reluctantly. "Fine."
Castiel pretends he doesn't hear how much Dean doesn't want him with them as he rushes up to Lucifer. Lucifer looks down at him, sort of embarrassed that he was caught being completely lost. At the same time, Gabriel shows up with them.
"Hey," the three of them say to each other at the same time.
"Wanna sit with us?" Gabriel and Castiel ask at once.
Lucifer chuckles at their speaking in unison. "Decisions, decisions," he says with a grin, hoping they won't notice how completely confused he is right now.
"Why don't we all sit together?" Gabriel suggests. "I mean, there's more than enough room at my table. Castiel can go grab his friends and we can all chat and stuff!"
Lucifer accepts the plan immediately, glad he doesn't have to decide between his brothers. Castiel agrees as well, and Gabriel leads Lucifer to his table while Castiel momentarily returns to the one he sits at.
"We've got an awesome turnout!" Gabriel says as he sits down next to Sam. (Ballet dancers be like wtf does turnout have to do with this?) Lucifer sits down across from him and next to Anna. "Castiel and his friends are joining us so we're gonna have a party!"
Gabriel, Balthazar, and Anna  start cheering quietly. Soon, Castiel, Dean, Charlie, and Kevin show up, sitting so the happy couple is together and the lifelong friends are across from them.
"Let's get this party started!" Charlie says with a grin. "Oh, by the way, I'm Charlie." This begins an incredibly long string of introductions.
"This is probably the biggest group of people sitting together in the entire room," Kevin observes, looking around.
"Oh, yeah, looks like it," Balthazar agrees.
"But at least in smaller groups, everyone likes each other," Dean adds with a pointed glare at Lucifer.
"Hey, play nice," Balthazar scolds him.
"No, he's got every right to hate me," Lucifer says. "But, if it means anything, I really am sorry about what I did to Sam."
"I thought you said you weren't," Dean reminds him of his words from Saturday.
"And back then, I wasn't," Lucifer admits. "I guess I've had a change of heart."
"Why?" Dean asks doubtfully.
Lucifer smiles at Castiel as he says, "Your boyfriend is one hell of a motivational speaker."
Dean looks at Castiel in surprise. "That was you?"
Castiel nods. "It was sort of a two way pep talk."
Dean raises an eyebrow but doesn't question it. He turns back to Lucifer. "Fine, but don't expect me to try to be your best friend or anything. I still don't like you."
"I know," Lucifer replies. "I don't expect you to. But I am sorry."
Dean just rolls his eyes. "Sure," he says sarcastically.
Lucifer wants to try to convince him that it's true, but he knows there's no point. Dean will come around when he wants to, if he wants to. Lucifer knows the boy has every right to hate him, just as Sam does. He knew it was a long shot to hope Dean was as forgiving as his little brother.
"Is that Michael?" Samandriel asks, pointing to the doorway of the cafeteria. Sure enough, the eldest brother is looking around for a seat, just as Lucifer had.
Anna waves her arms around frantically, drawing the attention of many people before Michael notices her. His relieved smile is visible even from that distance as he walks up to them, taking a seat at the table.
"What are you doing here, Michael?" Balthazar asks. "I mean, not that I'm complaining, but you never eat in the cafe."
Michael nods. "Yeah, I usually head to the library to start working earlier. The librarian finally told me to come eat with everyone else because I'm not 'social enough' for a high school student." He rolls his eyes at her excuse.
"Welcome to my life," Castiel replies.
"You seem to be handling socialness very well, by the way," Michael observes.
"I'm getting there," Castiel replies. He really is. Being social doesn't just happen overnight. He's started saying what comes to mind, but that only works so well. He just loves the feeling of being lost in a conversation with someone, where you don't even have to look for something to say, because it just comes to you. Eventually, he hopes to be as outgoing as his siblings.
The chat for the rest of lunch like old friends. Looking at them, no one would have guessed they came from different groups being meshed together. They're friends, now and forever.