Chapter 20

TIME SKIP! The next Friday morning...

"Can I please go to school?" Sam asks. He's been stuck home all week, and though he's gotten to see Dean all school day and Gabriel in the evenings, he's getting bored.
"Chuck said you shouldn't yet," Dean reminds him.
"But why not?" Sam whines. "I'm feeling way better!" It's true; he's gotten so used to concussions that he barely noticed it anymore.
"Because Chuck said so, and he's a doctor, so he knows stuff."
"But I want I go to school!" Sam complains.
Dean sighs. "Fine, but if you change your mind, I can't take you home from school, so you'll be stuck in the nurse's office forever."
Sam grins. "Yay!" he cheers, jumping out of bed. He pretends that doesn't hurt his head, even though it kills.
"And no gym," Dean adds sternly.
Knowing there's no use arguing, he agrees reluctantly. It's probably for the best, anyway. Gym with Lucifer probably isn't his smartest idea right now.

Time skip again to first block

"Dean! You're back!" Charlie squeals as Dean walks into the room. She runs over to him and throws her arms around his neck. Dean laughs and hugs her back for a moment before she takes a step away. "Where have you been? It's been days!"
Dean walks over to his seat as he explains, followed by Charlie. "Lucifer gave Sam a concussion so I stayed home with him."
"I thought Sam said it wasn't that bad!" Charlie reminds him.
"Sam lied," Dean tells her. "He does that a lot. He probably gets it from me."
"I thought the Lucifer thing was just a rumor," Kevin says.
"Nope," Dean replies. As an afterthought, he adds, "Well, I don't know what's going around, but yes, Lucifer did give Sam a concussion."
"Why?" Kevin asks. "People are saying everything."
Dean shrugs. "The guy's a dick. He does this sort of stuff."
"Can you please leave my brother alone?" Michael asks in a tired voice.
"Why?" Dean challenges. "He didn't leave Sam alone."
"If I say Castiel told you to, will that make you stop?" Michael asks hopefully.
"Nope," Dean replies. He knows Castiel wants him to leave Lucifer alone as well, but Dean can't help it. Lucifer picked on the wrong person.
"What if I said Lucifer was sorry?"
"Then you'd be lying."
Michael nods. "Yeah, I would be. Seriously, though. Can you at least not go pick a fight with him?"
"No, I'm not," Dean assures him. "I figure, if I ever want to see any of you again, I won't get on Chuck's bad side."
"Good plan," Michael replies, then turns back to his computer, seemingly satisfied.
"When did you two get all buddy-buddy?" Charlie asks.
"Gabriel wanted their dad to check Sam out, so we went over to their house for a while," Dean explains briefly. "It was a party. Except much quieter. And lonelier. But I got to talk to people, so it was all good."
"Even Castiel?" she asks in a suggestive tone.
"Well, he's part of their family, so yeah, he was there."
"But what's up with you two?" Charlie asks excitedly. "Why did Michael mention him separately? Are you guys, like, besties? Come on, spill!"
Dean notices Michael laughing quietly, and he's almost positive it's towards them. Dean can't blame him. Charlie is being way too enthusiastic about everything.
The problem is, how should Dean respond? Ordinarily, he wouldn't tell people he's bisexual, purely for the sake of convenience. But now that he's actually dating a guy, it's different. He wouldn't mind telling the world he's dating Castiel; actually, he would love to show off his new boyfriend. Unfortunately, he doesn't know if Castiel would mind people knowing he's gay/bi/whatever the hell he is.
"Yeah, we're pretty close," Dean replies, having decided not to go into specifics. They do share a more profound bond, but he won't go into detail about how profound the bond is.
"I can't believe it!" Charlie squeals. "I can't believe you finally got Castiel to talk to people! Even if it is just you!"
Dean chuckles as she has her fangirl moment. Kevin just rolls his eyes, clearly having seen this before.
"Can you get him to talk to us?" Kevin asks when it becomes clear Charlie isn't calming down anytime soon.
Dean shrugs. "Maybe? I don't know. He isn't very talkative."
"But I wanna talk to him!" Charlie whines. "I want him to join the geek squad!"
"Nerd squad, not geek squad," Kevin corrects her.
"Nerd and geek squad!" Charlie says as a compromise. "Do you think he will?"
Dean shrugs again. "Who knows?" Honestly, he doesn't think Castiel will. Even with Dean, Castiel doesn't talk a whole lot. Granted, he talks to Dean enough to have a conversation, but he's still sort of quiet about it. Dean doesn't mind. He's so sweet and adorable and perfect and-
"Earth to Dean!" Charlie snaps her fingers in front of his face, bringing him back to reality. "Where's your mind at?"
Dean shrugs. "Elsewhere."
She laughs. "Clearly. Whatcha thinking about?"
"Stuff," Dean replies vaguely, not wanting to tell her what's really going on in his head.
"Come on, I wanna know!" Charlie whines.
"She won't stop complaining until you tell her," Kevin adds.
"Then she's gonna be complaining for a while."
Charlie huffs and crosses her arms in anger, but then she laughs, and it's clear she was never really mad. Sure enough, she continues to big him throughout all of class about what Dean was thinking about, but Dean never tells her. He likes having these thoughts of his perfect little Castiel all to himself.