Chapter Two

Scott's P.O.V

"So Carter what are you planning on doing after your internship?" My Mother asks him as we all sit around the dinner table. Right now it's just my brothers, my parents, Anna, Abby, Carter and I sitting here. Liam went to the bathroom a few minutes ago and Becca, Victor, and the rest of the crew are going to come and see Abby tomorrow.

"Getting a degree hopefully," he chuckles a little bit. "Then becoming a teacher and teaching people. I would really love to be a teacher. Especially teaching little kids."

"That's so cute," my Mother gushes at him and I roll my eyes at her. "Have you always known that was what you'd want to do?"

"Actually no," he says smiling at her. "When I was younger I wanted to be a mechanic. My Dad figured out pretty quickly that ti wouldn't be a good field for me to pursue as soon as I expressed how much I hated the feeling of grease being on my hands. I guess that was a way of testing whether or not I'd be manly enough for the job. Turns out I'm not."

"Was your Father a mechanic?" My Dad asks and Carter shakes his head at him.

"Quite the opposite," he says. "My Father was a garbage man for the better part of his life."

Daniel laughs loudly and everyone with the exception of Falon and I turn to glare at him.

"I'm sorry Carter," my Dad says turning away from Daniel and looking at Carter. "None of my sons developed any kind of respectfulness over the years. Feel free to ignore them."

"It's quite alright," Carter says smiling again. "I'm not discouraged by what my Father's profession was. He took care of my siblings and I, that's all that matters."

"How sweet," Falon mutters sarcastically from beside me. I chuckle a little bit at him and Anna discretely slaps his arm while glaring at him. I don't understand why everyone at this table except for my brother's and I are buying this guy's crap. He's probably a huge douche bag underneath all of his etiquette.

"Where are you interning at?" My Mother asks.

"Oh that's actually the cool part," he says looking over at Abby. "I'm going to be interning at your husband's college. I'll be working with some of the teachers that work there. Hopefully in a few years time I'll get a spot on the staff."

"Oh so you'll be interning with Abby," Anna says and I glare at her. She shrugs at me before looking back over at Carter.

"Yeah," Carter nods and smiles politely. "I'm assuming we'll be seeing quite a bit of each other. But from my understanding she's interning for a different position."

"That's correct," my Dad says. "She'll most likely be doing work for me most of the time. I'm going to be training her and at the same time she'll continue to do her online classes. In a little less than three years she will have her Master's degree and I'd love to have her work in a higher up spot on my staff."