Chapter Twenty Seven

Scott's P.O.V.

We're all frozen as we stare at the name on the screen. The name that caused us so many problems. A name we didn't think we would have to see for a long time. I lean back in my chair and run a hand through my hair in dismay. I thought this would all be over. No more worry because Parker was no longer a problem in our life, but now? Now he's free again.

Someone taps my shoulder and I look up to see Falon standing there. He points over to where Abby was sitting and I see that her spot is now empty, I nod and stand up. My brother pats me on the back as I walk up the stairs. I turn down the hall and look inside of my room to find that it's empty. I continue walking further down the hall before stopping at the bathroom door that's cracked open slightly.

"Abby?" I tap on the door slightly and push it open when I'm greeted with no answer.

When I walk in, I stop in my tracks once I see Abby sitting on the floor up against the wall. She's hugging her legs tightly to her chest and her face is buried in between them. Her shoulders are slumped and I can see her body faintly shaking. I immediately walk over and slide down the wall to sit next to her and my Abby instincts begin to kick in. I gently put my arm around Abby and she completely crumples in my arms. She begins to cry uncontrollably as I hold her. I wish I could do more for her, God I wish I could do everything for her.

But I can't.

Parker is the one thing that I can't seem to get rid of for her. He's like an ongoing nightmare that will never go away. I know that he might not even chance coming back here, but Abby will never feel safe, especially knowing that Parker is still out there somewhere.

"Abby," I wrap my other arm around her too and begin rocking us back and forth. I hear her begin to hyperventilate and I know that's not a good sign. "You need to calm down."

It doesn't seem that she can hear me as she begins to shake even worse. It's been a long time since she's had a panic attack but it seems that just the thought of Parker being out there has triggered something. I sit up as much as I can with Abby leaning against me and attempt to get her to look at me.

"Abby look at me," I say as I rub circles on her shoulder. "Please, just look at me."

"Now breathe with me," I say mimicking what we've done all of the other times that she's had a panic attack. It takes a little while before she can even calm down a little bit, and even then she still looks completely terrified. "Talk to me. Tell me what's going on in your mind."

"H-he's out t-there," she says and I become a little worried when I hear her begin to stutter. It's been a long time since I've heard her actually stutter and it's concerning that Parker is able to affect her like this. "H-he could h-hurt u-us again."

"Don't stress on this," I say putting my hands on each side of her face. "I'd never let him touch you."

"B-but h-he could-"

"You and me right?" I cut her off and press our foreheads together. Her breathing begins to even out as she stares at me for a long time.

"M-me and you."

"I've got you," I smile and even though she doesn't smile back I know that she understands what I'm saying. She knows that I wouldn't let anything happen to her. "I'm going to carry you to the guest room so that you can lay down, okay?"

She nods and I pull my hands away from her face. I stand up and lean down, gently lifting her up bridal style as as she slips her arms around my shoulders. I carry her down the hall and into the guest room as she rests her head on my chest. When I get into the room I lay her down on the bed and pull the covers over her body.

"Get some rest," I'm about to turn away when her hand wraps around my wrist. I turn around and see that she's staring at me with wide eyes as her lower lip begins to tremble.

"S-stay," she says so lowly that I almost don't understand her. "Please?"

What kind of person would I be if I said no to that face. So I slide into the bed next to her and rest my head on one of the pillows. She turns to look at me and I open my arms, allowing her to wrap her arms around me once again. And that's how we fall asleep, wrapped up in each other just like we've always been.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Scotty!"

I'm jolted out of my sleep when I hear Angela's voice basically screaming in my ear. I shoot from my spot and look around the room. I look up and see Angela standing next to the bed, then I look next to me to see that Abby is no longer next to me. The room is empty except for Angela and I.

"Where's Abby?" I ask her and she frowns before tilting her head. She suddenly climbs on the bed and before I can say anything she's sitting on my lap with her arms wrapped around my neck. I raise my eyebrows at her, what is she doing?

"Why does it matter?" She asks raising her eyebrows and lightly caressing my neck. It doesn't take a mastermind to see where this is going to go so I grab her by the waist and lift her up. I set her on the bed next to me and quickly stand up, she begins to look frustrated. She tries to grab my hand but I jerk away from her. "What's wrong Scotty?"

"Stop calling me that," I say as I roll my eyes at her. "Listen I know what you're trying to do and it really isn't going to work. I'm not looking for that right now Angela."

"Looking for what?" She asks sweetly as though she has no idea what I'm talking about. "I'm just trying to be nice."

"I know that's not it," I shake my head and she raises and eyebrow at me. "I would appreciate it if you'd stop being so touchy feely with me."

"Why?" She asks as her face scrunches up. She looks genuinely pissed. "Am I not good enough for you, or am I just not better than Abby?"

No one is better than Abby.

"It's not that," I say messing around with my hair as I try to explain myself. "I'm just not looking for any relationship other than a professional one with you right now."

"Because of Abby," she nods her head and stands up off of the bed. She looks absolutely furious with me right now and I have to take a step back when she moves in close to me. She then turns on her heel and begins to walk out of the room. But before she leaves she turns back and looks at me with a look of pure hatred on her face."You're going to regret this. You and you're little girlfriend."

I'm sure I am.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

This chapter is a little bit earlier than I usually post and that's because I'm currently in my fifth period class typing it. We had a sub today so we didn't have a ton of work to do. I only have sixth hour left and then I finally get to go home and sleep. Five days in a row seems like a good streak to end at, so I don't want you guys to expect an update tomorrow. My friends and I are actually going out tomorrow to celebrate my birthday even though it was several weeks ago. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter, love you!!

Will Scott ever pee on Abby?

More reasons you love Scabby?

More reasons you hate Angela?

I have something bad planned and I'm saying sorry in advance.

Instagram: lilchocolatedonut

Snapchat: momo36235