Chapter Twenty Five

Scott's P.O.V

The next time I wake up it's from the sun shining through the window. That doesn't make it anymore comfortable though as I groan at the ache I feel spreading through my back.

I strain to lift up my head but stop when I feel my neck begin to cramp up. Gosh, what did I do last night to make my body this stiff?

But as I sit up and look around I'm given my answer. Abby and I had to sleep on the dining room table because the water had gotten too high and there was nowhere else to sleep. We had to take the couches apart and stack the pieces on top of each other to keep it from all getting soaked. Angela decided to take her chances with sleeping in the bed because she "wasn't going to sleep like a common person." That's her loss though because just looking at the height of the water now there's no way that the water didn't reach where she was sleeping last night.

I glance over the side of the table and see that the water is just a few centimeters away from having reached us. The water must have started calming down a little while after we fell asleep, we're lucky that it stopped where it did.

"I slowly slide my body off of the table and into the water so that I can get my phone from the top of the refrigerator. Abby put our phones up there last night just in case the water got too high while we were sleeping. I reach up and grab my phone, careful not to drop it in the water.

When I finally retrieve my phone I glance around my apartment.There's water in every corner of the room. Where am I supposed to go now? It's probably going to take a long time before my apartment gets fixed so I can't stay here. I really don't want to have to move back in with my parents, especially since I just got out of there. Liam is a terrible roommate so moving in with him definitely wouldn't be an option.

I turn on my phone and see that I have several missed calls. Most of them are from my Mom, who I'm sure is freaking out about my well being, and the others are from Daniel, Liam, and Becca. I decide to ignore everyone except my Mom who is going to throw a fit because it took me so long to call her back. So I dial her phone number and hold the phone up to my ear. After just two rings she answers.

"Scott?" She sounds frantic and I begin to feel guilty for not having called her last night. "Are you okay? What took you so long to call?"

"My whole apartment is flooded," I say, rather bluntly. There's no point in sugarcoating it for her, my apartment is pretty much ruined. "I was up most of the night, making sure my stuff didn't get trashed."

"You poor thing," I can just picture my Mom shaking her head pitifully. "You had to go through all of that alone."

"Well no," I say as I slowly move my way through the water and over to the window. I pull the blinds up so I can completely see what it looks like outside. It isn't pretty. "Abby is here-"

"Abby?" Suddenly she perks up quite a bit. "Are you two back together yet?"

"No Mom," I groan at the assumption she's made. "I went out with her and my boss last night and I didn't want them to drive home in the storm."