Chapter Nine

Scott's P.O.V

This has been a pretty shit day for me so far. Sitting in a board room with Abby and listening to this boring ass meeting is definitely not what I had thought we'd be doing on her 'day off'.

There are five other men in the room with us whom I don't recognize. Then of course there's the Carbage sitting across from Abby and I.

Yes, I did ship Carter's name with garbage cause that's exactly what he is.

"I believe that disciplinary action needs to be taken," one of the men sitting at the table says as they continue to talk about what they're going to do with Daniel. "This is technically vandalism. The police need to be involved."

"We aren't calling the police Jeffery," My Dad says rolling his eyes at the man. "Even if he does get arrested I would be the one having to pay his bail. Sending him to jail would serve no purpose."

"But sir," one of the other men sitting at the table says as he raises his hand slightly. "We can't just let this sort of thing go, it would set a bad example for all of the other people attending this college. We can't just let people think that this sort of behavior is okay."

"I agree," Carter jumps in and I glare at him for no reason other than he just bothers me. I don't know why I'm acting like this towards him because usually I'm not this hostile with other guys that Abby hangs around. Usually I grow used to them but I just can't shake the feeling that Carter is always going to try something. "Without disciplinary action being taken other students may think that it's fine for them to act out like this case. Even if he's your son people need to know that there are consequences that come with doing this kind of stuff."

"I disagree," Abby says and suddenly all eyes are on her. "Calling the police in for such a...minor offense seems completely unnecessary. The most straightforward and simple way to solve this would to simply make him pick up all of the underwear that got littered on the campus."

I smile at her, not only because my girlfriend is smart but also because she disagreed with Carter. I look at him and see that he's staring at her with his eyebrows raised, I subconsciously rest my hand on her thigh, gripping it lightly.

"But I'm sure when he was going to do this that's the exact consequence that he's hoping her gets," Carter says setting his head in the palm of his hand. "I think we need to make an example out of him."

"Make an example out of him?" I snorted and immediately my Father turns to glare at me for talking. "That sounds like such bullshit."

"It's not bullshit," Carter shoots back as his hands drop and he grips the edge of the table. "I'm trying to think about the future of this college."

"The future of this college?" I laugh at how serious they're all being over this. "He dropped a bunch of underwear off of a building, for some reason I don't think the future of this college depends on whether or not someone else does the same thing. Calling this police for something this small would be stupid."

"Well I don't see you giving out any ideas."

"You know what?" I grin at him as something springs into my mind. "I think I do have an idea."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

My Dad, Abby, and I walk out of the room to see Daniel and Liam sitting very closely to Skylar who looks rather uncomfortable in the spot she's sitting. Both of the boys are almost sitting on her lap, way too close for comfort.

"Dad!" Daniel says jumping out of his seat and walking over towards us. "What's the final verdict? Community service, garbage-"

Whatever Daniel is going on about is quickly cut off when we hear sirens roaring outside. We all look at each other before walking outside and seeing a policeman and a policewoman stepping out of their cars. I look at Daniel and see that he's visibly frozen.