Chapter Thirty Three

Scott's P.O.V.

"FUCK!" I shout in pain, frustration, and sorrow. How could I let this happen again?

I lean down and pick up the lego that I regretfully just stepped on. I blink my eyes a couple of times, still tired from last night, and wonder how this lego got into my room in the first place. It must be a sign of bad luck.

I look up at the clock and see that it's almost four in the afternoon. I've slept most of the day away, but I still feel exhausted. I wouldn't change anything that happened last night though. Abby and I ended up falling asleep together, and even though we didn't classify what we are, I think it's good that we're most likely going to take it slow this time around.

I brush my teeth before walking downstairs, not bothering to do anything with my hair. The walk downstairs is dreadful, having so many stairs truly is a problem. I hear the TV blaring in the living room and walk in to see Liam on the couch with his arm around Skylar while Miranda sits on the floor eating a sandwich. I frown when I see my sister and she frowns back before rolling her eyes and continuing to eat her sandwich.

"Where's Abby?" I ask scratching the back of my head.

"That's the first question you ask?" Miranda asks through a big mouthful of sandwich. "Your beloved sister is home after months of being gone and you can't even say 'hi'?"

"I know right?" Liam agrees with Miranda as he taps her side with his foot. "No 'hi' for his beloved best friend who hasn't seen him in a long time either."

"I say you yesterday Liam," I shake my head at him and decide not to comment on how he's cuddling with Skylar.

"You saw Abby yesterday too," Liam shrugs. "Yet the first thing you ask about when you see all of us is Abby. She left to go to the park with Becca like four hours ago."

"What have they been doing at the park for that long?"

"Don't ask me," Liam sticks out his bottom lip. "They aren't my problem. Scared Becca is going to steal her away from you?"

"Fuck off dude," I shake my head and turn around to go back up to my room, ready to sleep until Abby gets back.

"Wait," Liam says and I turn back to look at him a raised eyebrow. "Mama Smith told me to tell you that she wants to talk."

"To me?" I ask confused. She never seems like she even wants to be in the same room as me, so must be important.

"To you," he nods before pointing outside. "She's out there gardening with your Mom."

I trudge all the way back up to my room and change out of my pajama clothes. I take a few deep breaths as I try to change my foul demeanor. I'm not exactly feeling up to talking today, but I kind of have to go see what it is that she wants to talk about.

I walk back downstairs and pass the three people lying around in my my living room. I walk to the front door and when I step out a beam of sunlight shines down on my face. I look around, trying to locate the two Mothers. Why is my Mom even out here gardening? She hates gardening. It doesn't take long for me to find them as I spot them just a few bushes over. I cautiously move over to them and my Mom is the first one to see me.

"Honey," she smiles and stands up, out of the dirt, to give me a quick hug. "I see you've finally come out of your cave."

"Yeah," I chuckle as I hug her back. "Liam said that Mrs. Smith wanted to talk to me?"