Chapter Twelve

A/N: mah babies took home a Grammy last night 😭😭 I was so confused when they took off their pants but I guess I should've expected something like that from them.

Scott's P.O.V

"Carter," my Dad exclaims happily as he sees Carter wheel his luggage into the living room. "I'm glad to see you made it."

I'm not.

"We were just eating dinner so you can come and join us," Dad says gesturing toward the dining room before looking over at me. "Scott, take his suitcases up to the guest room."

I scoff at him but grab Carter's suitcases, knowing that throwing a fit won't change my Father's mind. I walk past them as they continue to talk. I walk upstairs and not so gently throw Carter's stuff into the guest room before walking back downstairs. When I get into the dining room I immediately take notice of Carter sitting next to Abby as my family laughs about something. I slowly take the seat next to Abby.

"So," I hear Carter say to Abby. "I guess we'll be working together full time now that I'm staying here."

I shake my head at his shameless attempt to flirt with my girlfriend. I've never met anyone who is so openly persistent in trying to get with her.

"Speaking of work," my Dad says messing around with the food in his plate. "Carter I want you to start working with Abby in the classrooms. It would be more beneficial for you."

"That doesn't sound too bad," Carter grins and I glare at my Father."I'm cool with spending more time with Abigail anyways."

"Dad," I say, not really sure what I have to say but already knowing it's going to be stupid.

"Yeah Scott?"

"I-uh," I look at Carter who's looking at me with what seems to be a challenging look. "Give me an internship at the college too."

For the second time tonight my Father begins choking on his food.

"Excuse me?" He asks as he holds on to his chest. "Where is this coming from?"

"Well," I shrug nervously. "I told you I was going to go back to school. Why not start off interning for you?"

"Scott," Abby turns to me with a disapproving look. "You hate anything that has to do with businesses."

"No," I argue shaking my head at her. "I just chose to ignore that field for the better part of my life. Now I think I wanna look into it."

I watch my Dad as he stands up from his seat and walks over to where I'm sitting. He grabs my arm and pulls me up out of the chair. He drags me out of the room and into his office. He shuts the door and locks it before turning around to look at me. The air in the room is tense as he raises his eyebrow at me.

"Scott I know you don't want to intern for me," he says crossing his arms over his chest. "Why're you doing this?"

"I told Abby I would go back to school," I shrug. "Why not just start working with you guys?"

"Because it would be absolutely pointless." He says rolling his eyes at me. "You hate anything that has to do with businesses."

"Abby's doing it-"

"Abby's majoring in business."

"I could major in business too-"

"Scott your entire life can't revolve around Abby," my Dad places his hands on both of my shoulder and I immediately recognize the tone of authority in his voice. It's been a long time since he and I have had a serious talk. "I understand that you love her. I used to act the same way that you do now when I first started dating your Mom. I understand why you're acting the way you are. You have rich parents who you can snoop off of as much as you want to. You're probably already planning on getting money from me to buy a house for you and Abby. But is this any way to live Scott? What would you do if you two broke up?"