Chapter Eight

A/N: I had planned to do Scott's point of view for like ten more chapters, but I was writing a chapter for you guys today in class and I completely forgot that I wasn't going to do Abby's point of view for a little while longer. But when I realized what I was doing I was already halfway done writing the chapter. I guess I'm just used to writing in Abby's point of view. Whatever though, here ya go

Abby's P.O.V

"I don't know why I even let you come along," I groan at Liam who has been talking my ears off ever since we left. Scott is sitting in the backseat sulking because Liam got shotgun before he could.

"Because he's my best friend," Scott says popping his head between mine and Liam's seats.

"But he's not my best friend Scott."

"I'm offended," Liam says resting a hand on his chest with his eyes slightly squinting. I ignore him because I'm already in a bad mood from having to work today and I really don't want to lash out at him because he's not the reason I'm in a mood right now. I just really thought that I'd be able to take today off with Scott because I know I've been working a lot lately.

When Scott's Dad offered me this internship I didn't think it would ever become as time consuming as it has. In the beginning it wasn't too bad but now that I have to be at every single one of his meetings, dinner parties, etc. it's getting to be a bit too much on top of my online classes.

"He's your best friend by default," Scot says as I pull into the college parking lot. "You are dating me after all."

"Me being your girlfriend doesn't make him my best friend," I say looking for a parking spot. "That's like saying that since Liam's your best friend, I'd have to be his girlfriend by default."

"I would be alright with that," Liam says jokingly, earning a slap in the back of the head from Scott.

"You're not my best friend anymore," I hear Scott growl at Liam as I continue my search for a parking spot.

"You can't disown me as your best friend, that's a permanent spot that I fill."

"Well then stop hitting on my girl."

"Whatever happened to bros before hoes?"

"Whatever happened to having some common decency man?" Scott says as all playfulness leaves his tone. "Don't call her that."

"You get triggered so easily man," Liam says shrugging off Scott's irritation. "I was just joking around with you."

Scott mutters something that I can't hear from the backseat as I finally find a parking spot. I park the car and quickly climb out to get away from the two arguing boys. A few steps after I get out, I hear their car doors shutting as they follow behind me.

"Look at what you did now, you pissed her off."

"I pissed her off? Scott your girlfriend is always pissed off no matter what."

"No she's not, you're just an annoying person and you made her mad."

"I may be annoying but I have looks on my side."

"No you don't."

"Well at least I'm not lying about my girlfriend always being in a pissy mood."

"You don't have a girlfriend."

"As far as you know."

"The thought of you dating someone is funny."