Chapter Three

Scott's P.O.V

I groan as I feel the familiar feeling of the sun invading my privacy.I slowly open my eyes and glare at the half open curtains. I turn over and attempt to throw my arm around Abby but am surprised when I'm met with nothing. I grunt as I push myself up in the spot and blink a few times to get rid of the blurriness. 

Sitting up completely I reach over and grab my sweatpants, put them on, and walk towards the bathroom. I quickly brush my teeth before walking out of the room and down the stairs, as I walk through the house, towards the kitchen I hear voices. I walk into the kitchen to see Abby washing dishes while my mother cooks something at the oven. I smile when I see them and walk over towards my Mom first. 

"Morning," I say pecking her on the cheek. She smiles up at me but focuses on the eggs that she's cooking. I walk over towards where Abby is at the sink and slip my arms around her waist. 

"You left my in bed all alone," I say pouting and placing my head on her shoulder. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she says before giggling as I bury my head in the side of her neck. She dries her hands off before turning around in my arms and wrapping her own around my neck. 

"You're such a bad liar," I groan and she just grins up at me. I'm about to smile back but I frown when I realize what she's wearing. She's in a very professional red dress and a short blazer. I raise my eyebrows at her and slightly pull away. 

"Why are you so dressed up?" I ask her. 

"I have to intern today," she huffs leaning her head against my chest and my eyebrows immediately draw together as soon as she says that. 

"I thought you said that you got a couple days off once you got back," I say setting my head on top of hers. 

"That's what I thought," she says tilting her head up so that she's looking at me. "But your Dad told me that he wants me to be at the college with him for some meeting he's being called into."

Damn it Dad. 

Before I can say anything else two very loud people walk into the room laughing about something. I turn around and roll my eyes when I see my Dad and Carter walking into the kitchen. I think I see Carter's smile falter a little bit as soon as he sees me. 

"Scott," Carter says politely and I roll my eyes again, "Always a pleasure."

"Always," I say sarcastically and Abby hits me on the shoulder before walking over towards my Dad and Carter. I slowly creep up behind her and glare at him over her shoulder. He cocks his head at me and narrows his eyes a little bit before smiling down at Abby. 

"What're you doing here?" Abby asks raising an eyebrow at him but my Father answers for him. 

"He's going to be sitting in on the meeting with us," Dad says placing his hand on Carter's shoulder. I huff a little bit and cross my arms over my chest before walking past them and into the living room. I walk in and see Liam laying on the couch in his boxers with one hand draped over his eyes. I sigh when I head him extremely loud and crackly snoring.