Chapter Seventeen

Scott's P.O.V.

"That's the seventh apartment we've been to today," Becca whines as we get in my car and leave the complex. "What was wrong with that one?"

"I just can't see myself living there," I use another poor excuse. I know good and well why I haven't liked any of the apartments I've seen today. I can't stand the thought of leaving Abby and moving into an apartment by myself. It just feels wrong that she isn't here with me right now. 

"You've said that the last six times Scott," Becca rolls her eyes. "If you really can't see yourself living somewhere else, why're you doing this?"

"Cause it's time for a change," I smile over at her sadly. "I can't keep dragging my feet along waiting for some girl."

"But it's not just some girl," Becca says with a very disagreeing tone.  "It's Abby."

"Abby is no good for me right now."

Becca is quiet for the remainder of the drive to the next apartment we're looking at. I can tell that she doesn't agree with me on what I'm doing because of how quiet she's being. She probably doesn't want to upset me by admitting that she disagrees with me. We're both silent the rest of the drive, with only the radio playing to ease our thoughts. When I reach the apartment complex I immediately notice the distinct difference that this building has from all the other ones we've looked at today. It looks much more taken care of. It looks a lot like a place that I could get used to living in. I easily find a parking spot and turn to smirk at Becca. 

"I think this is the one."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Abby's P.O.V.

"I don't think he was right to break up with you," Daniel says after we get our ice cream from the small Dairy Queen in the mall. We slowly walk around the rest of the mall, dodging small kids and avoiding busy shoppers. "But he was rightfully pissed at you. How did you forget your own anniversary? Isn't it usually supposed to be the guy who forgets that?"

"I don't know," I groan as we walk past another screaming kid. "I know it wasn't just last night though, I should've seen this coming. I've barely been spending any time with him at all."

"Well yeah it is your fault," Daniel shrugs and I roll my eyes at his bluntness. "So let's be real here; you're the one who messed up and that means you're the one who has to fix it. "

"How am I supposed to fix this?" I ask licking my ice cream and he shrugs again. 

"You're the one who dated him for seven months," Daniel frowns. "Figure it out yourself."

"Oh wow thanks," I say shaking my head at his answer. "Glad I came to you for help when I needed it and not some other person who would just tell me what I should do."

"You're welcome," he says as he finishes off the rest of his ice cream cone. "I try to help when I can."

"What's been up with you?" I ask deciding that we need a change of topic. I'm tired of talking about my tangled up relationship. "Any potential love interests?"

"Not in this book," he laughs shaking his head. "Try a different story and maybe there'll be someone out there for me. As far as I can tell there isn't anyone for me right now."

"You don't know that," I frown up at him as he smiles back at me sadly. "You're young, you just have to wait a few more chapters before you find someone."

"Enough with all of the book metaphors," he rolls his eyes. "We're going to make people think we're characters in a book or something."

"We could be," I shrug as I continue eating my ice cream. "Nothing is impossible."