Chapter Thirty Two

A/N: Since most of you like Scott's P.O.V more, you get to have Abby's instead.

Abby's P.O.V.

I slowly open my eyes and the sun completely blinds me for a moment. I crane my neck around and try to move my body only to find that I can't. I panic for a second, thinking that I'm experiencing sleep paralysis. It's happened to me once before and I absolutely hated it when it did. It doesn't take long though for me to see the back of Scott's head and to realize that the weight laying on top of me is him. His half naked form is crushing my fully clothed body.

"Scott," I squeak out, trying to wiggle out from underneath as breathing becomes a problem. "Get...off..."

Scott groans and moves around a little but doesn't wake up. I move my fingers around to get the blood moving so that I can reach around him and pinch his side. This isn't the first time I've waken up with Scott on top of me, and it isn't as pleasant as it sounds. I roughly pinch his side and he lets out a low groan.

"Five more minutes," he mumbles and I can feel his throat vibrate against my shoulder as he talks.

"I might not make it five more minutes," I push against his chest desperately and he groans once more before pushing himself off of me and rolling over to the other side of the bed.

I take a deep breath and sit up straight in the bed, glad to have gotten the heavy boy off of me. He lets out a loud snore, almost immediately going back to sleep. I look around the room in a daze, happiness setting in as I remember the events that occurred last night.

We talked, Scott had some sort of epiphany, and then all of a sudden we were kissing. I know it seemed like I wasn't trying to get back with him when I told him that I was scared of us hurting each other. But I wasn't talking about myself getting hurt, I was talking about him. I'm absolutely terrified that I'm going to do something that's going to hurt him again and over the last couple of days I've been having an internal debate on what I should do. It takes a lot to get Scott upset and that night when he broke up with me is something that I never want to relive. The disappointment and hurt on his face is something that I never want to see on him again. I don't want to be the reason he gets hurt, in fact I don't want him to get hurt at all. But bad things just seem to follow me wherever I go.

I reach over and run my hand through his hair. He mutters something softly and pushes his head further into the palm of my hand, encouraging me to continue.

Somebody protect this child at all costs.

I pull away from him and climb out of bed. I turn on my phone and see that it's already half past noon. I didn't know that it's so late, but I decide to let Scott keep sleeping, he looked pretty exhausted last night. I grab one of his sweatshirts and pull it over my head, happy that I no longer have to worry about wearing his clothes again. His smell surrounds me and I begin making my way downstairs.

Now, I don't know where this leaves me with Scott. He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend and I didn't ask him to be my boyfriend. After the kiss we went up to his room and just talked about random stuff until we both fell asleep. Spending time with him like that is definitely what I missed the most about our relationship. We can be playfully bantering one moment and then talking about something serious the next.

I walk into the kitchen to see both pairs of parents along with Anna, Falon, and someone I haven't seen in a long time. Miranda sits on the counter next to Falon. It has been months since I last saw Scott's sister, and I'm not sure how happy he's going to be when he finds out that she's here, I don't even know how I feel about her being here. I don't think that her and I have any bad blood but the first and last time I saw her was when I was dressed like a boy and she tried hitting on me. It's not a memory that I like to dwell on, I actually try to avoid thinking about it at all.