Chapter Sixteen

Scott's P.O.V

I'm not usually a morning person but I was up and out of the house first thing in the morning. I only got a few hours of sleep but I knew that if I wanted to avoid seeing Abby today I'd have to get up and leave. Today I only have one thing on my mind. 

A new apartment. 

I'm not going to be a dick and try to kick Abby out of my house or anything like that, but I'm also not going to stick around and be forced to see her everyday. I haven't thought any of this through yet but it feels like the right thing to do right now. I'm starting to understand what my everyone has been telling me. That I can't just let a girl lead my entire life.

I park my car at my Dad's college campus and climb out of the car. I know that if I go shopping for an apartment by myself I'm going to screw something up, I don't know how to buy an apartment. I would usually ask Liam or one of my brothers to tag along with my but then I'd have to explain to them why I'm buying an apartment, and because they're so over dramatic I'm not going to say anything to them. So I've turned to someone who I think I is going to react a little bit better than them.

I walk across the familiar college campus, heading towards the other side of campus to the D dorms. I stop in front of the familiar door and try to open it, frowning when I realize that it's locked. So I instead decide to knock.

"Coming!" I hear a voice shout from inside. I roll my eyes and wait impatiently. Soon the door is flying open and I immediately walk into the room.

"Scott?" Becca asks combing through her hair as she frowns at me. It's been awhile since I came to see her so I'm sure she's confused as to why I've just burst into her dorm room.

"Since when do you lock your door?" I ask tilting my head, remembering that Becca literally never locked her door before.

"Well," she shrugs and continues to comb through her hair. "When your friend's ex-boyfriend goes crazy and holds everyone at gun point it sort of makes you paranoid."

"Oh yeah," I nod and it's quiet for a moment before I realize something. "You know, we never talked about that. How you knew who Parker was and fooled him into thinking you were on his side."

"What can I say?" She quickly walks into her bathroom and puts her comb down. She picks up a black tube and starts putting stuff on her eyebrows. I frown when I see her doing that, girls are weird. What could she possibly be doing to her eyebrows? "I have my ways and I'm a persuasive person, now, what made you decide to drop by?"

"I need your help with searching for an apartment."

"Aw," she looks up at me with a happy smile. "You and Abby are finally moving in together! I've been waiting forever for you two to do this, I feel like a proud mother. Oh, are you going to surprise her? That's going to be so cute! Okay so first-"

"Abby and I broke up," I cut her off and as soon as she hears me she stops talking and gives me a confused look. "Last night."

"You broke up?" She asks slowly and I nod. "What the fuck did you do? You and Abby were supposed to be end game."

"I didn't-"

"Fuck," she says running and hand through her hair. "She probably needs me right now, she's probably all sad and disoriented because you screwed up. We need to fix this. You've got to go over there right now and tell her that you're sor-"

"Becca it wasn't my fault!" I don't mean to yell but when Becca starts rambling it's hard to get her to stop. She looks at me with a very confused look again as if she doesn't understand the situation. "I broke up with her."