Chapter Seven

Scott's P.O.V

It's been a few days since what happened at the bar and I haven't seen much of Abby or my Father. Luckily for me though it's finally Sunday and not even my Father wants to work today which means Abby and I get a free day. I haven't really had much of a chance to talk to her about how it bothers me that she's spending so much time around Carter. When she's at home she's usually on her computer doing work. 

"Get up," I look up from where I'm laying on the bed to see Abby standing beside me. She's been dressed and ready for the day for about half and hour now. She's been trying to get me out of bed for a while now and I continue to tell her that I'd rather stay inside all day with her as opposed to leaving the house. 

"Scott," she whines before crossing her arms over my chest. I roll towards her and grab her hips, pulling her down onto the bed next to me as she struggles to escape my grip. 

"Let's just stay here and watch movies today," I say snuggling into her neck. She relaxes a little bit and sets her hand on my arm. 

"Scott you already do that every day," she says rolling her eyes at me. "It won't be any different from what you usually do."

"Yes it will be," I mutter with a slight frown. "You'll actually be here today."

"Okay," she says pulling away from me to look me in the eyes. "Let's compromise. We'll do what I want for a couple of hours and then after that we can come home and do whatever you want."

"Whatever I want?" I ask raising my eyebrows at her suggestively. 

"Get your mind out of the gutter you perve," she says smiling at me slightly. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and both of our heads twist to see who it is. 

"Hey Scott," My Father says awkwardly standing in the doorway looking a little  bit anxious. "Mind if I grab Abby for a quick second."

"Well yeah actually," I say but Abby is already standing up and walking towards my Father to see what he wants. Okay what the hell? Am I eve going to get more than three minutes with my girlfriend?

I lay back on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. Abby walks back into the room a few moments later looking a little bit frantic. I raise my eyebrows at her as she grabs her purse and walks over to me. 

"Scratch today's plans," she says tiredly as she looks through her purse. "For some reason your brother and some girl thought it would be funny to drop 300 pairs of underwear all over your Dad's campus. Him and I have to meet up with his colleagues today."

"He can't do it without you?" I ask sitting up on my elbows to look at her with sad eyes. 

"I'm your Dad's intern Scott," she says shrugging as she continues to search her purse for whatever she's looking for. "He wants Carter and I to be there. He says he wants us to witness how to deal with a situation like this and apply disciplinary action. I think we're also going to help write a statement."