Epilogue

A/N: Camila's new songs came out and I seriously almost cried, I'm too much of a fan girl obviously. But she's going places, I can tell. 

Scott's P.O.V.

I know that people usually say that things get easier over time. To that, I completely disagree. Time doesn't make anything easier, it only makes the agony longer. Time will never be able to stop the hurting.

Even so, time has made things become more bearable. It's been almost three years since that dreaded day but the pain still haunts me every single second. I know it will never go away because I'll never be able to forget my best friend, and I wouldn't want to even if I could.

Abby has helped me a lot in these last few years. I went through a time when I was deep in depression, but she stuck with me. I still have moments when I become sad even thinking about Liam, but that only happens every once in awhile now. I'm not who I used to be, but I'm trying to get better. All of that doesn't mean that I haven't been happy, because there are some times when I have been able to forget about the past for a moment and just be happy.

Abby and I decided to take a big step in our relationship about eight months ago when I asked her to move into an apartment with me. Moving in with her is probably the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Looking for an apartment that both her and I liked wasn't as hard as I thought it would be though. I think we were mostly just excited to move into our own place together.

"SCOTT, I CAN'T FIND MY CAP!"

It's extremely early in the morning, way too early for her to be screaming at me. But I decide to let it slide because I know she's nervous right now. After all the hard work and the stress that she's had to go through she's finally graduating and she's been freaking out about it all week.

"It's been on the counter all week Abby!" I yell back as I fix my tie in the bathroom mirror. I went out and bought a new suit several weeks ago specifically for this occasion. The only reason I remember her cap is on the table is because she put it there last week to make sure she didn't forget where it was, which obviously didn't work as well as she thought it would.

"Should I eat anything?" I look over and see Abby standing in the doorway of the bathroom with a panicked look in her eyes. "Id I don't eat, my stomach might start rumbling and everyone will know. But if I do eat I might get nervous on stage and throw everything up then fall, and no one will ever look at me the same again. I'll lose all respect-"

"Babe," I laugh as I pick up a comb to finish off my look. "Stop stressing before you hurt yourself. Of course you're going to eat, just like you always do."

"But I'm not always graduating," she whines cutely. A huge part of me still can't believe this adorable little person belongs to me. Even though there's been a lot of pain along the way, my life has changed so much since I was in high school. "I'm graduating school today and I feel like there are a bunch of elephants tap dancing on all of my vital organs."

"That's quite the visual," I chuckle but she doesn't seem amused. She obviously doesn't like that I'm not being more serious about this situation. I reach my hand out and gesture for her to come closer to me. "Come here."