Chapter Twenty Four

Scott's P.O.V.

"Scott, wake up."

I groan as I feel somebody shaking me out of my sleep. I let out an exhausted yawn as 

I pry my eyes open. When I finally open my eyes Abby's dimly lit face is the first thing that comes into view. I sit up and look around the dark room.

"What time is it?" I ask rubbing my eyes. I'm startled when I hear a clap of thunder, it must still be storming.

"Three in the morning," she says and I realize that she's now holding a flashlight in her hand and has set out a fresh batch of candles that light up small parts of the room. "We have a small problem."

"What?" I don't remember laying down on the couch or falling asleep last night at all. The last thing I remember is staring out the window with Abby. "What happened?"

Abby motions toward the floor with her flashlight and I follow the beam of light with my eyes. When my eyes meet the ground I'm met with a pool of water surrounding the couch. I immediately stand up and am horrified to see that the water rises to just under my ankles.

"Whoa," I look over at Abby who is wearing a pair of my black boots that are several sizes too big for her. She must have found them in my closet.

"I woke up to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago and stepped right in this," Abby says pointing to the water. "I don't even want to see what it looks like outside, the streets are probably completely flooded."

"Has sit spread throughout the whole apartment already?"

"Pretty much but-"

Suddenly Abby is cut off by a very high pitched scream that comes from down the hall. I quickly jump into action and maneuver my way through the water and down the hall. I hear Abby swishing behind me as she follows me. She pokes me in the back before handing me the flashlight. I walk into my room and nearly burst out laughing at the sight before me.

Angela is kneeling on the ground, completely soaked in water. I hear Abby snickering from behind me and I try to keep a straight face as I walk over to where Angela is on the ground.

"What the hell is happening?" Angela asks when I reach her. The flashlight is pointing at her and she looks like an absolute mess. She's dripping from head to toe with water and looks absolutely petrified.

"The house is semi-flooded," I say and her eyes widen in horror. "It hasn't stopped raining yet so I don't know how much worse this is going to get."

"Flooded?" She stands up and ineffectively brushes some of the water off of her. "Like with water?"

"Yeah," I say holding back my sarcastic comment as I remind myself that she is still my boss. "Why are you so wet?"