Chapter Eleven

Scott's P.O.V

I walk into the dining room and hear the rest of my family talking loudly about whether or not the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl this year. Is that even a question though? Of course the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl. I walk up to the table but no one seems to notice my presence because Dad, Anna, and Falon are too focused on their argument.

"The Patriots are for sure going to win this year," my Dad says crossing his arms over his chest as I internally agree.

"Why the hell would the Patriots win?" Anna asks and I roll my eyes at that, I guess I can understand why she's dating my brother now. They're both Patriots haters.

"Well first of all they have Tom Brady-"

"You mean Tom Cheater?" Anna says raising an eyebrow as she laughs at my Father. "At least the Falcons aren't going to have to deflate the football to win this year."

"You tell him babe," Falon says as he smiles brightly at his girlfriend. I decide not to add to this argument because I've had some intense arguments with Falon before about the Patriots, which is one of my favorite football teams. Last time we argued about the Patriots we ended up not talking to each other for a week because some choice words were used. My Mom ended up locking us in a room together until we settled our differences with each other.

"Hey um Dad," I say budding into their conversation and suddenly all eyes are on me. I shift awkwardly as they all wait for me to talk. "Can we talk?"

"Sure," he says turning to give me his full attention. "What is it?"

"Oh," I say when I realize that he hasn't gotten up. "I meant in private."

"Why can't you tell me right here?"

"Why can't I tell you in private?"

"Cause I don't feel like getting up, I just ate three servings of spaghetti."

"Don't be lazy Dad."

"I get my laziness from your Mother."

"I don't have to cook for you," my Mom turns to glare at my Dad and he just smiles a crooked smile at her. "I could just let you starve."

"And that's why I love you," Dad says and I internally gag a little bit. "Because you haven't let me starve yet. Now, what do you want Scott?"

"Um," I guess it won't be too bad if I just bring it up in front of anyone. My Mom will probably end up siding with me anyways. "I want to talk about how much Abby has been working."

"Oh of course," Dad says grinning at me in a proud father sort of way. "I have to say I'm glad you decided to stay with her instead of those blonde bimbos that you used to bring home and we had to pretend to like. She's a good worker."

"That's the thing," I say messing with the end of the table cloth. "You've been working her a lot."

"Yeah?" My Dad raises his eyebrows at me as if he's confused on where this conversation is heading.

"Can't you see how tired she is Dad?" I say running a hand through my hair. "She stays up until two in the morning doing college work and then wakes up every morning at six to intern for you. Then you throw piles of paperwork at her."

"Scott-"

"No Dad," I say trying to finish what I have to say. "I haven't had a proper date with my girlfriend ever since this stupid interning thing started, and I know you mean well and everything but there's no reason as to why she's working so much."