Chapter Thirty Four

There's Liam up there :'( I have a surprise for you in this chapter. 

Abby's P.O.V.

I sigh as I walk around the silent house. Everybody is in their own respective rooms and there's a dark feeling that lingers around the house. It hasn't been long since the incident, only a day actually but it feels like it was months ago. I could have never prepared myself for what happened yesterday.

I have to stop myself every time I have to think about it because my heart can't take it. My heart can't accept that he is gone. He may have been Scott's best friend first, but over time he became mine.

My mind can't believe some of the stuff that happened either, it can't understand how I didn't know that Becca had been a part of Parker's scheme the whole time. She was the first person I became friends with when I started college. The first, besides Anna, that I had trusted enough to confide in. The betrayal is like a stab in the heart.

Lucky for us, Becca didn't try to run during what happened. In fact, she didn't try to do anything. The police arrested her and brought her in for questioning while I stayed with Scott who was crying next to...

I stop myself before I think about his name. Thinking about him would just make me start crying again, and I don't need that. I need to be strong for Scott. He's breaking down and I don't know how to stop it. Maybe I can't stop it.

Anyhow Becca probably won't be doing any hard time. I don't know how long you can get in jail for assisted murder but something tells me it won't be as long as she deserves. The justice system just doesn't work that way. Scott and I will have to testify in court soon but that's the least of my worries right now.

I grab two bowls and grab the mint chocolate chip ice cream from the freezer. I grab the ice cream scooper and fill both of the bowls to the tops. I then pick up some spoons and march out of the kitchen. I walk upstairs and quietly enter Scott's room.

I walk in and find and find Scott in the same position he was an hour ago. He's lying down with his hand behind his head as he stares blankly at the TV. He looks terrible, he hasn't slept at all. None of us have gotten much sleep but Scott has been the worst. I don't blame him at all, but it's really making me worry about him.

"I brought us some ice cream," I say as I move toward the end of his bed. His eyes shift up to look at me but he doesn't say anything. "Unless you don't want any."

He shakes his head before sitting up to take the ice cream from me. He scoots over, allowing me the space to climb in with him. We eat the treat in silence, not bothering to say anything for a long time. By the time I finally finish, Scott has been done for about ten minutes and has rolled away from me to lay on the side of the bed with his back to me. I set down the bowl and turn to look at him. I crawl across the bed and lean over his body to try and see his face.

"Hey," I whisper as I try to comfort him. "How are you feeling?"

"How am I feeling?" He says back in a very monotone voice that doesn't belong to him. "I'm feeling like my best friend just got shot and is about to be put 6 feet in the ground."