Who Are We?

I shrugged and looked around where I was. It was pretty dark since he hadn't turned on the light, and the window was the only source of light. My corner was nicely lit by the moon, but the rest was just shadows. The walls appeared to be dark blue or grey, I couldn't tell, and the carpet was either black, grey or who knows what color. I discovered that I was tied to a bed, which I assumed was his. I saw that his walls were decorated a nice amount with posters and various other things that I couldn't see. The only poster I could make out said 'Bring Me The Horizon' (if you don't know/like the band, you can ignore this part, though it has slight importance to the story. It's a metalish band [just offended every metalhead ever.. sorry. I'm trying], so I get that not everyone likes them. But if you do, you earned yourself a cookie ;)) I jumped a little bit out of excitement, making a clanging sound and startling the teen just a bit, even if he tried not to show it. I faced his figure with a slight smile on my face. "Nice, I love Bring Me The Horizon," I said. He tilted his head slightly and thought for a moment. "You're joking, right?" he asked, sounding genuinely confused. I shook my head, "No. My favorite album is favorite album name." He sat there, taking in the information. "Hm," he voiced, sounding dumbfounded and intrigued. 

      I changed the subject by rattling the chains a bit, reminding him of my rhetorical question. He needed no more explanation and began to speak. "You're chained up so you don't run away," he calmly explained. I started to ask why I'd run, but stopped because of his movements. He took off his hood, revealing a very pale white face with jet black hair. The first thing I noticed was the large smile I had vaguely seen earlier. I was glad I wasn't just imagining that. It was carved into his face and looked like it was still bleeding, though I figured it wasn't new. The second thing that caught my attention were the dark rings around his eyes. From far away I'd say they look relatively normal, but close up it was clear that his eyelids were burned off and the black was the remains. The last thing I noticed was his eyes. They were such a piercing blue, I could almost get lost in them. They say the eyes tell everything about someone. Despite his menacing appearance and vibe, his eyes looked different. They looked- I was cut off by him smirking creepily and inching closer to me predatorily. 

      "Oh, okay. Hello there," I awkwardly said as I tried to lean away. His smirk grew into a twisted grin. "Hi," he replied while backing up slowly, glad he had creeped me out. I flashed a small smile and took a deep breath, nodding and trying to comprehend this situation. "So, who are.. you..-" I slowed at the end of my sentence and looked down as I remembered something. His evil grin returned, as he watched me slowly realize who he was. I looked back up at him with my mouth open. "Jeff.." I said very slowly, not believing what I was saying. "The Killer!" he finished for me. He said it as if it was the punchline to an inside joke and started laughing maniacally, having a bit too much fun. I shook my head, stunned by his confirmed identity. He finally regained his composure and looked at me with a serious face. "I'm assuming you know all about me?" he asked, as if people usually do. I shook my head. "No, not really. People talked about you a lot at school for awhile and told a summary of your story but I never read it for myself," I replied. "Huh, alright," he looked notably a little bit surprised, but not shocked. He told me, well more like recited, the iconic story of Jeff The Killer and I listened, horrified. 

      When he finished, I nodded, still trying to face the fact that I was sitting in front of the main character of that story. "Oh, wow," was all I managed to say. "Yeah. Well, that's the story version, at least," he replied. "Wait.. what do you mean? Are there more versions of the story?" I asked, not expecting to hear that there was more than one. "Well yes, there are multiple versions created by different people, but none of them are exactly what happened," he responded patiently. I narrowed my eyes and looked down, thinking. "Oh," I looked back at him, "are they close?" He scrunched his face and moved his hand, making a 'Kind of' expression. I took another deep breath and leaned back against the bed. "What actually happened then?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling. "I'll tell you some other time, maybe," he responded. I was actually relieved; this was all too much to take in and I didn't know if I could handle much more. I looked back at him to see that he had already been staring. I got sorta uncomfortable and shifted the way I was sitting, the chains quietly rattling. He got close to me again and stared at my neck before touching it lightly, getting some blood on his fingers. "I must've cut your neck earlier," he said casually, not showing any remorse about it. He stood back up and walked around, debating what to do with me. 

      After what seemed like forever he spoke again. "What's your name?" he asked, not so much in a get-to-know-you way, but more like a I-guess-I-should-know-who-you-are-by-now way. "Y/N," I replied. He nodded before asking if I was hungry, to which I responded 'yes.' "Alright, I'll bring you food later," he said as he was about to leave. I tried to lunge at him and stop him, but the chains pulled me back and the bed moved a small bit, causing a lot of noise. He looked at me with a huge grin, enjoying my anger. "Fine, but trust me I was doing you a favor by keeping you here," he said as he walked over to me. He grabbed a knife nearby and knelt down to my level. He grabbed my left wrist and stabbed the keyhole on the shackle once, unlocking it, then did the same to the other wrist. I stood up and looked him in the eyes, glad to finally be 'free.' "Try not to die," was all he said before walking out the door. I shook my head, slightly irritated, and looked down at my wrists where the shackles had been. They were red and scraped up and in some places there were cuts which must've been caused by all the pulling against the chains. I lightly rubbed them before cautiously walking out the door and starting my way down the hall. There were a few more doors in the hall, but it was pretty dark and I couldn't really see what any of them looked like. 

      I finally made it to a staircase and stopped. I heard the faint sound of voices coming from below and suddenly got scared. What did he mean by 'try not to die?' I thought to myself. My heart was racing but I reminded myself how to breathe and slowly continued walking down the stairs. I got to the bottom and looked around, still hearing voices. I decided to go to the right, where the voices were coming from because I was curious. When I walked in I jumped back, seeing three people standing there. One had a yellow sweatshirt and slightly feminine white mask on and the other had a dark, frowning mask on and an orange hoodie. They seemed to be pretty similar to each other in some ways. The third had a grey and blue hoodie and was wearing orange goggles and a mouthguard. I wanted to scream, but I just watched them all stare at me, not able to see any of their expressions. "Who the hell are you," a low, angry voice said. It took me a minute to figure out who said it since I couldn't see any of their mouths move, but I realized it was the one with the yellow sweatshirt and the white mask. "U..uh," I looked frantically between the three, "Y/N," I finally managed to choke out. I was trying to stay calm, and realized I had a death grip on the counter closest to me. 

      The other two boys looked at the one who spoke, expectingly. "Why are you here?" he said, in a more threatening tone. The boy with the orange hoodie and black mask elbowed his friend. "I.. I don't know. I'd like to know that myself," I responded. He continued staring at me and I figured his eyes were probably very narrow at this point. The one with the mouthguard spoke, causing me to look at him. "Masky, d-don't be so rude," he stuttered a bit and I noticed that he was twitching a lot. I looked to the one with the black mask who bowed his head, acknowledging me. "Nice to meet you," he said. His voice was smooth and slightly low, he didn't sound too threatening. "I'm Toby," the one with the mouthguard said, drawing my attention yet again, "that's H-Hoodie," he pointed to the black masked one, "and that's Masky," he ended, pointing to the male that was still giving me the death glare, or so I imagined. "Nice to meet you guys," I said, relaxing only slightly. "You too," I heard from two of them, and a simple groan from the other. I released my grip on the counter and slowly walked over to the fridge, finding some random ingredients for a sandwich. I was beginning to make it when Toby came over. "You d-don't have to be scared of us.. W-well there are some people in the house you sh-should be scared of, but we're pretty harmless.. as l-long as you're on our good side," he said cheerfully. I laughed, "There's more of you?" He nodded enthusiastically then walked out of the kitchen with Hoodie and Masky. I stood there in the kitchen and ate my sandwich, not wanting to adventure with food in my hands. When I finished I put everything away and took a deep breath deciding what was next. 

BTW, I don't own any of these pictures and I get a lot of them from Deviantart so I'll give credit to the ones from there if I can, otherwise it came from somewhere else xD. This photo's credit goes to: ichimatsu14