Fear

After reading for long enough, I got up and walked through the dark colored, wooden doorway. I passed Jeff and was going to walk up to him, but he seemed irritated/angry, so I decided to give him some space. I headed out to the backyard, not having a specific thing in mind to do. I saw the large tree and decided to climb it. I put my hands over the lowest branch and close my eyes, enjoying the peaceful silence, except for the sounds of nature. I opened my eyes and pulled myself up, moving on to the next branch. I continued this until I had climbed as high as I could. I went down a few levels, then decided to have fun with it and leap to and from a few branches. I was actually having a lot of fun, but took a short break on the branch I was on. 

    Hoodie came out into the backyard and noticed me. He walked to the bottom of the tree and looked up at me. "Whatcha doin' up there?" he asked, chuckling. "I don't know, just having fun," I shrugged with a grin on my face. He started climbing and within a few seconds, he was next to me. I giggled and we played a slower version of tag, to avoid one of us falling off. It was fun to do something with Hoodie, since I rarely ever got to talk to him. We played until we'd both had enough. "Alright, I'm done," I said, leaning against a branch and trying to catch my breath. "That was fun," he said. I nodded in agreement, "Yeah. Let's do that again sometime." With that, I climbed down from the tree and headed inside.

     I walked into Jeff's room, where he was sitting on the floor, facing away from the door. He shot up and looked at me. "Leave," he said calmly, shaking his head. I stared at him, wondering what was going on and he slowly started walking towards me, fiddling with his knife. I gulped and backed up until my back hit the wall. He stopped when I did and watched me. "Get out!" he said, the anger and aggression coming through his voice. I stayed put, not wanting to leave, but also partially frozen with fear. He walked up to me and grabbed my arms, pinning them above my head against the wall. He crossed them at the wrist and held them in place with his left hand. "You should've just left," he smirked like a psycho and I started to question my choice. My heart started beating faster and I looked around, avoiding his eyes. I was terrified.

      After flipping the knife around a few times, he stabbed it violently into the wall, a few centimeters from my side. I tensed up and gasped, trying not scream. He laughed very quietly to himself and watched me, my heart now racing. He left the knife where it was and put his hand against the wall, right by my ear. He started tapping the wall, matching the tempo perfectly with my heartbeat, letting me know he could hear it. I, yet again, wanted to cry, but I didn't. He smiled and reached down, yanking the knife out of the wall. I looked down, biting my lip, and watched to see what he was going to do with it. He got distracted and very lightly ran the sharp knife along my jaw, ending under my chin. "God, you're cute," he told me with admiration and a hint of pity. I flinched at the feeling of the cold metal against my skin. He used the tip of the knife to lift my head up and look at him. My face went pale, afraid of what he was going to do next. He looked at me for a long time and I realized his eyes were full of fear, but his expression was angry. To me, it seemed like he was deciding what to do with me: Kiss her or Kill her?  He made up his mind, giving in to the nicer side, and put his right hand on the side of my face, knife still in hand. He kept my arms pinned and kissed me lightly and sweetly. I stood there, still scared, and kissed him back. 

      He broke away and pushed himself off the wall, releasing my arms, then angrily groaned at himself. I wrapped my arms around myself for comfort and watched him carefully. "Why are you still here?" he said weakly. I figured he was talking about being in his room, not the mansion. I was trying to calm down and I didn't know what to say, so I stayed silent. "Why do you take this shit from me?" he asked, even though it'd only happened a couple times. "There's not a lot I can do, and it's not all your fault.. I guess. It's hard to explain," I responded, shrugging. He sat down against the wall and put his hands on his face, leaning against them, deep in thought. Watching him in this much distress physically pained me, and I'm sure him as well. My heart felt heavy with sadness. He was "at war," if you will, with himself and knowing I was the cause of it, or at least one, made me feel guilty. I knelt down in from of him and grabbed both of his arms, moving them away. He looked at me and sighed, not knowing what to say. "I'm so confused. I don't know why I can't kill you. I want to, but I also really don't want to. I don't know.." he trailed off, showing me his real side again. "I can tell it's hard on you. I'm sorry..." I felt overwhelmed with guilt. "It's not your fault," he reassured me. "It's not yours either," I told him. He gave me a small smile and I moved so my back was against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, causing me to smile at the familiarness of it. He played with the knife he'd been holding, but he was very relaxed. 

      He held the knife towards me, offering it to me. I turned around and looked at him, unsure if I was understanding correctly. "Seriously?" I asked. He nodded and I faced forward, and carefully took it from him. True, I had held some of his knives outside when he tried to kill me and taught me how to throw, but this one meant more to him. He put both of his hands on me, now that they were both free, and rested his chin on my shoulder. I examined it closely, even though it was just a knife and I'd seen plenty in my lifetime. This one, however, was extremely sharp and it was a miracle he hadn't cut me more. He must've just been very skillful with it, which was easy to believe. It looked like it had been used a lot and new at the same time. It was very shiny and beautiful in its own way. I twisted my body and faced him, gazing into his eyes. He looked back at me and I realized how close we were. I blushed, all of this still feeling very new to me, especially since I wasn't even sure what it was. I handed him the knife back without looking away from him. He accepted it and put it to the side, not breaking our gaze either. I looked into his stunning blue eyes for a bit longer, then put my hand on his face, tracing his carved smile with my thumb. I leaned in and kissed him, gently at first. He seemed surprised, but kissed back, instinctually grabbing my hair and running his hand through it. I progressed it into a very passion-filled kiss, feeling like it was right for the time. He made a fist with my hair in it, being mindful not to pull it. I pulled away slowly, and he gently bit my bottom lip as I did. I felt like breathing was an important thing, but I stayed extremely close to him. 

     He smiled and let go of my hair, letting it fall back into it's natural place. I realized that was the first time I had ever kissed him first, and linked that to his shocked reaction. "Well, that was new," he smirked at me. I blushed for the 1,000th time and leaned against him, this time at an angle so I could see him from my side. (Does that make sense? xD) "I don't know what to do," he admitted to me. I turned my head halfway to look at him. "What do you want?" I asked, trying to help him find the answer. "Well, you. But you should get to have a normal life and not be here," he said. Did he just say..? I bit my lip and looked down, trying to contain the butterflies in my stomach. "I don't want my normal life back. It wasn't.. great. I enjoy myself here more," I assured him. "Are you sure?" he asked, not convinced. I nodded confidently. He shrugged, half accepting my answer. I was considering asking him what I was to him, since it'd been bugging me, but I was too scared. I was realizing how strong my feelings were for this boy and I blushed intensely. "What's on your mind?" he asked, noticing it was something. "Um.. nothing," I shook my head then promptly changed the subject. "So, what are the police records on you guys?" I asked, not positive that my thrown together sentence made sense. "E.J, Masky, Hoodie, Toby and I are 'missing', L.J. and Slender are 'myths', and BEN is dead," he said. 

      "BEN's dead?!" I asked with wide eyes. "It's complicated, but that's just what the cops think he is," he explained. I nodded, feeling a little better with that response. "What about Sally?" I wondered. "I honestly have no idea," he laughed a little. I smiled and nodded, satisfied with the new information. I stood up and went to go make myself a sandwich. I ate it slowly, trying to just relax instead of always feeling on edge. I cleaned up after myself and went into the living room, seeing Jeff there already. I sat next to him with Jack on the other side of me. It was just the three of us, another rare occasion when BEN wasn't here. "How's it going?" Jack asked both of us. I told him things were good and listened to Jeff and Jack talk. It was calming for some reason. 

  Ok surprise, this is out earlier than I planned xD. This chapter just kinda came to me, so it was fairly easy. So, for those of you following the story currently, here you go. And thank you so much for reading this! Also, this one's a bit longer than the others, but this is how long I wanted to make the rest, sometimes it just doesn't work because of the plot.

Photo cred: Ren-Ravie