Weapons and a Basement

Photo: Bro I can't even come up with title names, do you expect there to be a photo at this point? :D

       "So," Jack started, "you have knives, a hatchet, a scalpel, a bow and arrow, a bat, and a gun, but I don't think you should use that one to be honest," he told me. "Do you not think I can shoot a gun?" I asked, offended. "I strongly think a gun does not belong in your hands," he replied. I chuckled and gazed at all the weapons spread out before me. "Well what am I doing with it?" I asked, unsure of what to do. "You need to get good with at least one weapon to defend yourself," he told me. He handed me a knife to start with, and stood up with me. "Follow in the steps of your lover," he teased. "Shush," I joked. I tried to remember what Jeff had taught me about throwing knives and I tried to replicate that. "Speaking of, you two..." he hinted, not sure how to say it without being too invasive. I watched as the knife missed the tree and I walked to go get it, and Jack followed me. "We had sex, yes," I said, wanting to get to the point. "Try again," he said quickly, trying not to waste time. I focused on aiming at the tree, but was getting distracted. "How was it?" Jack asked awkwardly. "It was amazing," I said as I laughed at his awkwardness. "Sounded like it," he teased. My cheeks turned red and I faced him. "Why is everyone bringing it up?" I asked. He shrugged, unsure of how to answer.  "I dunno. It's weird enough that he has a girlfriend and it's even weirder to imagine him doing that," he told me. "Well, don't imagine it!" I said, smiling and blushing. "Well, I don't mean literally. That's weird. I just mean he doesn't seem like that type of guy," he told me. "The type to be sexual, like pretty much every guy on the planet?" I asked. "He's not every guy," he said seriously. "I've noticed," I replied. "He just doesn't seem like an intimate person," he clarified. "Yeah, I get that," I stated as I turned back towards the tree. "Throw it like you're being attacked," he told me. "I can't just-" I started to say, but was picked up suddenly by Jack. I squealed and threw the knife, missing terribly again. "Okay, I'm failing," I said, giving up on the knife. "Let's move on then," he suggested. 

       "I'm going to be honest with you Jack, I have no fucking idea what to do with a scalpel," I told him. He started laughing hysterically, finding that very amusing. "Okay, fair enough. What do you want to try?" he asked me. I picked up the hatchet, but it was very heavy. "I don't think this will go well," I said, putting it back down. I grabbed the bat, feeling like that had to be easy. "Okay, well you obviously have to be close for this one, so pretend I'm attacking you and hit me," he told me. "I will not," I said, refusing to hurt him. "Not hard. Just enough to practice," he explained. I shrugged and he started trying to grab me and attack me, so I hit him gently with the bat in a few places. In a matter of seconds, he snatched it out of my hands and threw it on the ground, pinning me to a tree. I breathed deeply and looked into his eye holes, feeling defeated. "You could get better at that, but let's keep trying," he told me as he released me. I grabbed the bow and arrow next, not wanting to touch the gun. "Alrighty, try to hit that," he told me while he pointed to a tree branch. I had done archery once in school and remembered enjoying it. I put the arrow on the string, pulled it back and focused on the branch. I released the string and watched the arrow pierce the branch. Jack high-fived me and went inside to get something. He returned with a few archery targets, which he set up on the other end of the backyard. "You just have those laying around?" I questioned. "We've got all kinds of stuff in that house that you don't know about," he told me ominously. He handed me more arrows and stood aside to watch my skills. I fired arrows one after another, and they all landed on the target. He shook his head in disbelief and went to retrieve the targets. "Jeff," he yelled, wanting him to come out. We were soon joined by a confused Jeff. "Your girlfriend's a secret master of archery," he told him as he showed him the practice targets. Five of the arrows were in the bullseye and the other two were in the ring right outside that.