Insight and Discovery

I woke up and stretched my limbs out, slowly opening my eyes. I sat up and saw that I was alone in the bed and shrugged. It made sense, considering he apparently didn't have to sleep that much. I groaned and stood up, heading for the door. "Good morning," I heard a low voice say, making me jump and scream. I looked in the corner of the room and saw Jeff sitting down, playing with his knife. He seemed like he'd been watching me for awhile. He tilted his head, confused and slightly amused by how I got scared seeing him in his own room. I put my hand over my heart and slowly walked over, sitting in front of him. "Morning..." I said trying to slow my heart rate back down. He was making me slightly uncomfortable between the knife playing and the staring. 

      "Am I creeping you out?" he asked monotonously. "Um," I didn't want to admit it, but I knew he could tell, "only slightly." He nodded and threw the knife in the air, catching it when it came back down. He stared intently at the ground, thinking hard about something then he got up and walked towards the door. "Wait," I said while reaching out and grabbing his arm, using it to both stop him and pull myself up. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for my question. "What were you thinking about?" I asked, not having a better way to ask. He sighed and shrugged a bit. "I don't know how to explain it. I don't want you to be scared of me, Y/N, which is a first for me, but at the same time I love it when people are afraid of me and I love seeing their fear. It's just fucking with my head," he shook his head. I understood what he was trying to explain. It was a battle between the caring, young side and the psychopathic side of this teenage boy. 

      "I know what you mean Jeff, I mean obviously I don't personally, but I get it," I told him. He smiled at me and continued walking out the door, pulling me with him. He led me into the kitchen and let me get breakfast, while he ate something random. Jack joined us in the kitchen, opening the fridge. "Good morning," he said to both of us, sounding pretty happy. I returned his good morning and watched as he leaned against the counter, eating something from a bowl. It looked sort of like wet steak, but not quite. "Whatcha eating?" I asked Jack. "Oh, it's-" Jeff's response was cut off by Jack. "Ah ah, no," he said, hushing Jeff. He turned to face me and held the bowl out slightly. "Try it," he suggested. I shrugged, wondering why not? and walked over to the bowl. Both Jeff and Jack were watching me very closely, but I took a bite ignoring their intense gazes. Jack tilted his head as if asking what I thought. "It's not bad. What is it?" I asked, narrowing my eyes in an attempt to recognize it. Jack looked up at Jeff, who was smirking, then back down to me. "Kidneys," he replied vaguely. "Oh. From what animal?" I asked, still oblivious. I heard Jack laugh lightly before responding. "Human," he told me. My eyes widened slightly and I nodded very slowly. "Remember, you're in a house of killers," Jeff reminded me. I took a deep breath and looked at Jack.

       I took another bite of the kidney, shocking both of the boys. I raised my eyebrows at them, and put my dishes away. "What?" I asked, trying to act casual. "Nice," Jack said, sounding impressed and holding his fist out. I grinned and fist bumped him then turned to Jeff, waiting for the next thing we'd do today. He smirked and gave me a high five, seeming proud that I was the one he brought into the house. Jack finished eating and left the kitchen, leaving Jeff and I. "Well, I'm going to take a shower and find more clothes," I told him. "Need any help with showering? I'd be glad to give you a hand," he said with a suggestive smile on his face. "I think I'm good, thanks for the offer," I said, laughing. I went to go find Toby to ask if he had more clothes I could borrow. "Y-yeah sure," he informed, leading me back to Clockwork's room. He grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a tight, blue, athletic-type sweatshirt and handed them to me. "Thank you so much. You're sure your girlfriend's okay with this?" I asked, not wanting to intrude. "Yeah. She's n-nice and won't m-mind," he assured me. I nodded and headed to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I took my clothes off and started the shower, jumping in as soon as the water was warm enough.

       I took an average shower, not rushing but not spending too much extra time in there. I dried myself off with a towel from the small closet inside the bathroom then put the towel and my previous clothes in the hamper. I slipped on the jeans and sweatshirt, which fit very well. I figured we were both about the same size. The sweatshirt was semi-tight, but it was supposed to be like that, and had thumb holes in the sleeves. I smiled to myself, glad to find them and slid my thumbs in. I zipped the sweatshirt up most of the way, showing off just a little bit. I walked out of the bathroom and back downstairs to see Jeff again, waiting. He must take showers somewhere down here because his hair was damp again and he had changed clothes. 

      He looked me up and down and smirked slightly. I walked up to him, running a hand through his damp hair. His permanent grin grew and he unzipped the sweatshirt just a smidge more. My cheeks flushed a deep shade of pink and I looked away from him, feeling self conscious. He very gently coaxed me to look at him with his finger. "Hey," he said softly. "You're beautiful," he added, comforting me. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my face was burning. I shook my head and buried my face in his chest, not wanting him to see me blushing so much. He laughed and kissed my jaw, right under my ear, then gently pushed me off of him. I was getting concerned because he had been so nice for way too long. 

       I walked in to the living room, seeing BEN already on the couch, and sat next to him. Jeff stood, leaning against the back of the couch. BEN glanced over at me, then looked again paying more attention to what I was wearing. "Oh damn.. hey," he said as he moved closer to me. Jeff slapped him and growled a little bit. "Knock it off, BEN," he said threateningly. "Heheh," BEN laughed, more amused at Jeff's reaction than anything. He shook his head and went back to playing. It seemed like he mostly did that kind of stuff to mess with Jeff, but there was a bit of seriousness behind it. I moved so I was sitting sideways, facing BEN's side. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jack walk up to Jeff and put a hand on his shoulder, whispering something to him before patting his back and leaving. I looked at Jeff, wondering what that was about and he stood up all the way. "Come on," he instructed. I nervously stood up, unsure of what we were doing.