Walk

"Are you sure you don't want your life back?" Jeff asked out of nowhere. I angled my head so I could look at him. "I'm sure," I responded. "It would be better for you. I can give it back to you," he pressed. "Jeff," I sat up a smidge and hovered over him, my hair brushing against his face and neck. "I want to stay with you," I said as I looked into his eyes. He smiled, but said nothing. "Unless you want me to go," I said, raising an eyebrow. His face dropped and he put his hands on me. "No, you're..." he started out sounding aggressive, but he stopped himself. "Don't leave me," he blurted out, realizing what he said after it was too late to take it back. I grinned and kissed his nose. "I won't," I whispered. I laid back down and looked around at the outdoors. "I have a question," I said randomly. "Okay," he replied. I sat all the way up, and he did the same. We faced each other and I took a deep breath. "What are we?" I asked the question I'd longed to know the answer to for so long. He sighed, like he'd known this was coming and he looked away. "I don't know," he said quietly. "What do you want?" I asked, grabbing his hand. He searched my eyes before responding. "I want you to be mine forever," he said, tilting his head a little. The word forever hit me, and I wasn't sure if I should be happy or scared. "I will be," I said, almost without thinking. He beamed and for a moment he looked like a normal young boy, giddy over a girl. 

      "So, answer my question," I demanded. He sneered a little at my persistence. "Well. Are you okay with being my girlfriend?" he struggled with the last word and looked away to avoid me seeing him blush. "I'm more than okay with it," I smiled and blushed as well. He gave me a soft kiss then sighed. "I'm going to get so much shit for this," he smirked slightly, thinking about the amount of teasing that was soon to come. I giggled and glanced over at the trees, then back to him. "Since when do you ask if someone's okay with something?" I asked, considering it was out of the ordinary. "I ask myself that every day," he shook his head. "Jane was your girlfriend, right?" I asked, changing the topic and trying to hide the sliver of jealousy I felt. He tensed up at the mention of her name. "I guess," he mumbled angrily. "Why'd that end?" I asked cautiously. "Because she's a manipulative bitch and the only thing she made me feel was annoyed and enraged!" he yelled, getting angry. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hit a nerve," I flinched at his fury. He exhaled and stood up to leave, but I was still holding his hand so I went up with him. He was about to go through the door, but I pulled on his arm and spun him around. "Y/N, what the fuck!" he said, still very angry. I leaned up a smidge and kissed him. At first he resisted, irritated, but I bit his lip to tease him. He finally returned the kiss and put his hand on the back of my head. His anger melted into passion and the only thing on his mind was me. He roughly picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. 

       I ran my nails down his back forcefully and he moaned, enjoying it. I stopped and started feeling the muscles in his back with my fingers as we kissed intensely. His hand found it's way up my shorts, on the side of my thigh and I straightened my back. I could tell he wanted more, but he knew I wasn't there yet. He pulled away and started leaving soft kisses all over my neck. I smiled and ruffled his hair with both hands. He set me down and stopped touching me. He looked at me and shook his head in disbelief that I'd changed his mood like that. "Can we go on a walk?" I asked with puppy dog eyes. "Where?" he asked. I pointed behind us to the woods. "Fine," he huffed, heading inside to put a shirt on. I followed him, putting my own shirt back on and looked at some of his things while he got dressed. "Here," his voice made me turn around. He was holding out one of his sweatshirts for me. I probably could've gotten one of mine from my bag, but I definitely wanted to wear his. I took it from him and smiled, thanking him. "You'll get cold," he eyed my outfit and I agreed. I was wearing jean shorts from earlier and a t-shirt, even though it was fall. I put it on and was enveloped in warmth and Jeff's scent. I smiled and grabbed his hand. He didn't understand my happiness over a piece of clothing. He led me quietly out the front door of the mansion and debated whether or not to cover my eyes. He put his hand over my eyes for a few minutes as we walked in some direction and then took it off. I looked around, straining to see anything through the pitch black. The mansion was nowhere in sight, only trees and light from the moon. 

       I wasn't holding onto Jeff anymore and I looked at all the large trees. I heard his footsteps next to me. "Were you scared the first time you saw what I looked like?" he asked eventually, finding my silence almost eerie. I kept my eyes on the trees ahead of us and recalled the first time I'd seen him. "Surprisingly no," I replied, my mind starting to drift and taking my emotion with it. "..Why not?" he asked, shocked because most people were. "I don't know," I replied.  A tree branch snapped, but I didn't pay attention to it. I was zoning out, but I vaguely heard leaves rustling. Jeff stopped me and I started to ask why we stopped but he hushed me. I heard a gunshot and I winced. Jeff wrapped his arms around me and I tried to hide myself in them. He walked me over to a thick tree and had me sit down against it, hidden from the direction of the sound. "Stay here," he whispered. I looked at him with fear in my eyes, not wanting to be left alone. "Would this help?" he handed me one of the spare knives he had on him. I nodded and accepted it, gripping it tightly. He stood up and walked away from me, staying quiet. I closed my eyes briefly, then realized that was a horrible idea, so I opened them and scanned the area around me. I heard voices in the distance, which seemed to be arguing. Then I heard a gunshot, and I peered around the tree, but to no avail, as I couldn't see anything. I heard a horrific scream followed by another gunshot, then dead silence. I held my breath, trying to hear anything. I was scared out of my mind. I heard faint footsteps and my eyes widened, wondering which one of them it was. 

       I saw Jeff come into view around the tree and I started breathing again. He was holding the gun and his knife was bloody, but he didn't get any on himself. I didn't move, struck with fear. He had just killed someone and I heard it. "W-who was that?" I finally spoke, not looking him in the eyes. "Dunno, but he knew who I was and who you were," he explained, checking the amount of ammo left in the gun. "Do you think he was with the place?" even though I wasn't descriptive, I knew he'd know what I meant. "I hope so because I really don't want any more people after us," he said, kind of as a joke. I nodded and swallowed, standing up. I started to walk back to the slight path we were following, but he pinned me against the tree. He had the gun in his right hand and the knife in his left. My eyes widened and I held my breath again. "What?" he asked, wondering why I was acting weird. "Oh," he said, realizing it was because of what happened. My body was stiff and he made the second realization. "Oh.." he said, letting me go and looking down at the objects he was holding. I continued to stare at him with doe-like eyes, watching him move. He put the knife back in his pocket and hid the gun in the leaves. "We'll come back for that," he stated, mostly to himself. He walked up to me and slowly took the knife from my hands, returning it to it's place. He pulled me into a hug, and I weakly hugged him back, shaking. "Some day you're probably going to have to see me kill someone," he told me with an exhale. I nodded, understanding. He wasn't sure what else to say, so he led us back to the path, grasping my hand in his. 

OKAY BEFORE ANY OF YOU DRAG ME, I KNOW JEFF AND JANE NEVER DATED. IN THIS STORY THEY DID, BUT THEY STILL HATED EACH OTHER. Okay, now that that's out of the way, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I've had this written for a very long time but I don't like to publish until I finish writing another chapter, which I have not :3. I meant to update sooner but I'm very busy with school and band haha. Now the next chapter might not be out for a bit because I'm not done with it, but I'll try my best! I may also be changing my name on Wattpad soon so don't be alarmed if you see that haha. ALSO some of you guys have been asking for a smut chapter and I want to know your thoughts. I'd write one, but if a lot of you don't want that I won't. So let me know! This has turned into a long little update paragraph, but I like explaining things even though it's really not important xD. 

Phot cred: Coming soon because the author is bad at finding pictures ;D