Calm

We walked in the front door of the mansion and immediately went to Slender's office. I closed my eyes, my headache coming in. Slender looked at the envelope, then told me to open it. I inhaled deeply, then glanced down at the envelope in my hands. I slowly tore open the paper and pulled out a card from the inside. The front was completely black except for a red smiley face on the front. I proceeded to open the card and read it. In very neat handwriting it said: 'We know what you did.' I turned it over to see if something was written on the back, but that was it. I showed it to the two of them and said nothing. "They're probably just trying to scare her," Masky said, defending me a little. "Hmm. I suppose. You may leave for now," Slender told us. We exited the office and I said nothing all the way to the foyer area. "I'm going to go catch up on sleep," Masky told me, figuring I'd want to be alone. I nodded and waved to him as he went upstairs. I went into the library and let out a sigh of relief when I saw Jack wasn't there. I made my way over to the window, sitting in it and looking out. I looked down and noticed I was still holding the card. The smiley face was off-putting, although I didn't recognize it. 

      Pretty soon I was sobbing, burying my face in my hands. I felt arms around me from behind and I screamed. "Shh," I heard someone whisper, instantly recognizing who the voice belonged to. Jeff sat in the window with me, my back against his chest. He caressed my cheek and got me to calm down enough to talk. "What happened?" he asked emotionlessly. I handed him the card with my shaky hand. He didn't make any noise as he looked at it, and I closed my eyes, facing the window. He set it down and didn't say anything. I hugged his arm and opened my eyes, noticing that it had started raining. I watched the water droplets hit the window and I felt numb. Finally I got asked the question I was dreading. "What did you do?" he asked quietly, like he didn't want to know the answer. I closed my eyes again and gathered my thoughts. "I burned down an abandoned business building, then framed someone else and they were arrested," I said calmly. "I didn't take you for the type to burn down a building," he said with a smirk. "Neither did I," I said as I looked up at him. "Did you kill anyone?" he asked with a hint of excitement. "No, it was empty," I told him and he nodded. "Please don't tell anyone," I pleaded. He remained silent. "Please, Jeff," I said with a concerned look on my face. "Fine," he said, not usually agreeing to things like that. I took deep breaths and started to get tired. I turned my body towards the window and laid my head on Jeff's chest. I held onto his shirt at the sides and tried to fight the urge to sleep. He ran his fingers through my hair and looked out the window. Before I knew it, I was asleep. 

----------E.J.'s P.O.V.----------

       I walked into the library and paused when I saw Jeff and Y/N. I continued over to the window and sat on a bean bag next to them. "Have you talked to her yet?" I wasted no time in asking what I wanted to know. He turned his attention to me and I saw anger in his eyes. He was about to yell at me, but he looked down at the sleeping girl cuddled up to him. His frame softened and he shook his head. "No," he said softly yet angry. "Jeff.." I started. "What?" he snapped quietly. "Why do you get so upset when we talk about you two?" I asked calmly. "I.. I don't like what she does to me and I don't want to think about it," He said very quietly, not wanting her to hear. It was a good thing I had exceptional hearing. "You deserve something that doesn't make you act like a grouchy old lady," I joked. He scoffed and flipped me off, to which I only laughed. "But really, if she makes you happy, just accept it. You don't have to be a scary, rude murderer all the time," I advised. He looked at me, seeming unsure, then nodded and looked down at Y/N. He pulled her a little closer to him and I smiled at the sight of seeing my best friend happy.  

"What do you think Slender's going to do with her?" he asked me out of nowhere. "I'm not sure. How would you react if he got rid of her?" I inquired, asking a similar question to what I asked Y/N. "That's not fucking happening," he replied almost instantly. I grinned and didn't say anything else. "Well, uh, what's new with you?" Jeff asked, though I knew it was to change the subject. "Not much. I ran into this girl earlier today who started freaking out because of who I am and I tried to make her calm down. So that was fun," I smirked. "Be more careful," Jeff laughed. "I was, it was the middle of the night!" I said, exasperated. Jeff chuckled and shook his head. Y/N moved her arms to around Jeff's neck, though she didn't wake up. "I'm going to take her upstairs," he told me. "See you around," I nodded as he stood up carefully and put one arm under her knees and the other around her back, carrying her to his room.

----------Your P.O.V.----------

       At some point I woke up, tangled in Jeff's arms. I shot up, startled by being in a different place than where I fell asleep. I started looking around, confused and slightly panicked. "It's okay, I carried you up here. Calm down," Jeff said in a soothing voice. I turned around and looked at him through the dark, noticing he was now shirtless. I smiled and relaxed. "What time is it?" I asked. He grabbed his phone and informed me that it was 3:21 am. I nodded and decided I was going to stay awake, not tired now. His eyes were frozen on me and he wasn't breaking his gaze. I tilted my head in confusion. He shook his head and stood up, leaving the room. I sat there, not sure exactly what just happened. I stood and was about to go after him, but he walked back in, making me jump back. He smirked, glad he scared me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. He was walking back towards the bed, but I stopped him by wrapping my arms around his waist from behind. "What do you want?" he tried to sound annoyed, but somewhat failed. I giggled and bit my lip, causing him to look away from me for some reason. "Will you give me a piggy back ride?" I asked shyly. He faced me again and sighed. He turned around and held his hands out to catch my legs. I smiled and jumped on his back, putting my arms loosely around his neck. I looked down and saw the muscles and veins in his forearms, which were under my thighs. He started walking out of his room and I noticed him slightly rubbing my legs with his fingers. I ran my fingertips along his neck and watched where he was going. 

       We ended up on the porch, which had now become our signature place. I felt happy as he set me down. "Thank you," I said with a grin. "Mhm," he looked away, but his lips still curled up into a small smile. I looked out into the woods, quickly getting consumed in my own thoughts. "Y/N?" I heard his voice cut through the silence. The sudden speaking startled me a bit, and I turned to look at him. "Yeah?" I replied. "What does.. uh. What does love feel like?" he practically choked out, looking down at the ground, then out at the forest. I furrowed my eyebrows and comprehended the question I was just asked. Why does he want to know? How am I supposed to explain this in words? "Well. It's this deep sense of caring about someone. Like, you want the best for them and you want to do everything you can to make them happy. And you start to get dependent after awhile and wonder what you'd do without them. It also clouds your mind and makes you do stupid things or act differently. And you adore everything about them and find them nearly perfect," I explained, my smile growing the more I talked about it. He smiled, but also looked like he wanted to throw up. "Why, Jeff?" I asked. He snapped out of it and looked at me. "Just wondering," he mumbled. I stepped towards him and held both of his hands. He laced our fingers together then looked into my eyes, searching for something. The look in his eyes was something I didn't see very often, but I couldn't name what it was. 

       Suddenly, he picked me up and set me on the railing of the porch. He stood between my legs and put his hands around my hips on my lower back. The railing wasn't very tall, so we were still close to the same height. His lips found their way to mine and we kissed deeply. My hands floated up the the sides of his face and he pulled himself closer to me. His tongue traced my lower lip, but I refused to open my mouth. He obeyed, and stopped trying. He was patient with me with this kind of stuff, which was surprising, but appreciated. He started to pull away, but I held him against me. He smiled against my lips and continued. He slowly pulled me off the railing and onto him. He backed up carefully and laid down on the swing, keeping me on him. His fingers danced right under my shirt, near the bottom. He suddenly pulled my shirt off smoothly. "Jefff," I broke away momentarily to scold him. He grinned and pulled me back down, continuing. I ran my hands up his chest and moaned softly. He tensed up and broke the kiss, pushing me off of him. I looked into his apologetic eyes, confused. He motioned for me to lay next to him and I did. The swing wasn't super big, but I did my best to lay my head on his shoulder and rest my arm across his chest. I was wondering why he reacted like that, then I finally figured it out and smiled a bit. 

HEY GUYS! I was going to update a little earlier but I decided to wait until today because it's my birthday and I thought it'd be fun haha! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm almost out of my completed chapters that I had stocked up :3 haha

As always the picture will come soon ;D