Leaving

The walk down to the office felt like it would never end. I felt full of dread as my mind raced with thoughts of what Slender wanted to talk about. I was absentmindedly following Jeff and before I knew it, he was knocking on the door. The door opened and we both walked in, Slender inviting us to sit. He stared at us for a few moments, heightening my nerves. I was so nervous I barely noticed the throbbing in my head from being around Slenderman. "The man you two saw is from the building you took Y/N from. I don't know know exactly what they want, but they've been lingering around places Y/N was usually found. I want her to go stay in her house to get more information on them," he finally said. "By herself?" Jeff asked. "Yes," Slender said. My eyes widened at the thought of dealing with that alone. "No, absolutely not," Jeff objected immediately. "What makes you think you have a say in this?" Slender asked. "She's going to get hurt!" he started to get angry with Slendy. "And why do you care so much about her well being?" Slender asked. I looked at Jeff and raised my eyebrow, curious to know the answer. He looked back at me then at Slender. "I.. I don't.. just. Do you really think it's a smart plan to possibly get her killed? Then what use will she be?" he defended. I was slightly hurt by what he said and I looked down. "I suppose not. I can send one of the proxies with her," he tried to compromise. "Why not me?" Jeff asked coldly. "Because I said so. Do you want her to be alone or not?" Slender asked, getting slightly impatient with Jeff. "No.." he responded quietly. "Then it's settled. She'll be going over tomorrow night and staying until she gets everything," Slender ordered. Jeff stood up angrily and left without saying anything else. I stood up silently and left behind him. 

       Tears were welling up in my eyes. I was scared. I didn't want to go and I was wondering if what Jeff said was true. I followed Jeff out onto the porch and he still didn't speak. Tears were running down my face, but I tried to stay quiet and ignore them. "Do you really not care about me?" I eventually asked, the silence killing me. He looked at me and sighed when he saw my tears. He put his head down then held both of my hands in his. "After everything I've told you, do you think I care about you?" he asked, hoping I knew the answer. "Well.. yeah," I replied. He said nothing back, and I understood why he said that to Slender. "I don't want to go," I whispered, tears still falling from my eyes. "I know," he said quietly, looking out into the woods. I wrapped my arms around his waist and sighed. "I want you to come with me," I said. This caught his attention and he wrapped his arms around my neck. "So do I. But why?" he asked. I looked up to find him already staring at me with those beautiful eyes. I got lost in them for a moment. "Because... I, uh.. I.." I trailed off. "You what?" he asked. "Um.. nothing," I shook it off. "Nooo, that was not nothing. What were you going to say?" he squeezed me. I wanted to tell him how I felt about him, but I couldn't. I knew he wouldn't feel the same; I didn't even know if he could. He was probably just using me anyways. There was no way he could ever return my feelings. I snapped out of it and just stuttered. "Tell me," he pressed on. "I can't," I replied, looking away. He said nothing and a slightly more comfortable silence filled the air. 

       He sighed and let go of me, walking inside. I stayed outside, looking out into the woods and letting my mind wander. After about 15 minutes I decided to head inside. I walked into the living room and saw Jeff sitting there with the three proxies. "Hey, Y/N. Who do you want to go home with you tomorrow?" Hoodie asked. I debated mentally, not sure who to chose. "Masky," I made up my mind. I figured it would be a good opportunity to get to know him better, since we hadn't talked very much. Plus, he seemed pretty tough. Masky stood up and cornered me against the wall. "Wh-what are you doing?" I asked weakly. "Trying to make your boyfriend jealous," he whispered to me, teasing Jeff without him knowing it. I blushed when he called Jeff that. "I can't wait. It'll be so much fun," he purred, stroking my face. Jeff stood up and pushed him off of me, grabbing my waist protectively. "Fuck off, she's mine," he said fiercely. Masky snickered and sat back down on the couch. I looked into Jeff's eyes, thinking about what he said. "I-I'm yours," I whispered back, slightly in shock. "And I'm yours" he whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine. I closed my eyes, loving hearing him say that. He smiled, finding me adorable, and started playing with my hair. "Take it upstairs, you two," Masky yelled. I opened my eyes, startled by the yelling and shrugged, going upstairs. Jeff followed me up and sat down on his bed. I started thinking about what was going to happen tomorrow and I got very nervous. I sat in Jeff's lap and laid my head on his shoulder while he put both arms around me, playing with my hair again. 

       "Don't be scared," he said, sensing my fear. I tensed up, but didn't respond. "At least you won't be alone. And Masky will do a good job looking out for you," he added. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yes. I know he seems... whatever. But he's strong and he wouldn't let you get hurt," he told me. "Why not?" I asked curiously. "Because he knows I'd kill him if he did. And the people in the house like you," he said. I laughed a little and nodded, feeling better. "You should get some sleep," he told me, noticing I was tired, but restless. "Um. Will you whisper me to sleep?" I asked hesitantly. He smiled a bit and said yes. We both laid down, my head still on his shoulder, and our arms around each other. "Go to sleep," he whispered before starting. He started whispering in another language that I didn't understand. "What is that?" I whisper asked. "Japanese," he replied. "What are you saying?" I asked. "Just relax and try to sleep," he told me. I nodded and closed my eyes, waiting to fall sleep. There was something soothing about listening to another language (me when I fall asleep to BTS, ahem). The warmth of his skin and whatever he was saying made me feel tranquil and able to sleep. 

What was he saying? The world may never know :D

       I woke up dreading the day and looked up at Jeff, realizing I wouldn't be waking up to him for a while. I sat up and put one hand on his face, running my thumb across his bloody smile. I leaned in and kissed him, and he put his hands on my neck, being careful to avoid my throat. I pulled away and sighed. "You're going to miss meeeee" he teased with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, smirking back, and stood up, finding clothes to put on in the bathroom. Once I was done with that, I headed downstairs to find something for breakfast. I saw E.J. down there already and said 'hi'. "Hey, I heard you're leaving with Masky tonight," he stated. "Yeah," I responded, not saying much. "How do you feel about that?" he asked, trying to get something out of me. "Oh, I can't wait to stay in my empty house waiting for some creepy ass dude to show up!" I said sarcastically cheerful. He laughed and shook his head. "What's so funny?" I asked. "You sound like Jeff is all," he told me. I smiled a tiny bit to myself and continued to eat my cereal. Jack just stared at me for a while and I started to get uncomfortable. "Whaaat?" I asked, smiling. "Nothing, I just don't want you to die," he told me. I spit out the cereal that was in my mouth, and decided I was done eating. "What do you mean? I'm going to die?!" I asked, panicking as I put away my dishes. "No, no I didn't mean like you're about to die. I just don't want you to in the future," he said awkwardly. "Well, everyone dies," I stated. "I know. It's hard to explain. I don't want you to die anytime soon is what I meant, I guess," he said. "Well thank you, I think," I nodded. "Can I talk to you before you leave?" he asked. "Um, sure," I replied, unsure. "Cool. Does now work?" he asked. "It's not like I have anything else to do," I said as I followed him somewhere. 

Hey guys! This is part 30 and I literally just finished writing part 34 haha. I'd like to update a little more frequently so these don't pile up, but I also want to pace things. Anywho, I think I'm going to go back and try to get some pictures in these chapters! :D 

Photo cred: Coming soon!