What Ifs

I was unintentionally shaking in his arms, and he awkwardly just held me in the middle of this huge room. "Can I put you down now?" he asked. I violently shook me head 'no' and he shrugged, taking his hands off me, but letting me stay. There was a loud slamming noise and I looked at Jeff with raised eyebrows, waiting to know what was in this room. "They're.. I don't know how to explain it. They're like little ghost things, but they aren't ghosts. I have no idea, they're kinda just here," he explained, even though it made no sense. "And you're just okay with this?" I questioned. "They're friendly.. for the most part. They stay in this room and don't really bug us," he told me. I nodded slowly, just barely understanding when more noises came from what sounded like the vents. "Okay can we please leave?" I asked. He nodded and carried me out, forcing me to get off once we'd left the room. I decided I'd had enough exploring this crazy house, and headed back up to Jeff's room with him following me. After shutting the door quietly, he sat on the edge of his bed and looked up at me. I didn't feel like sitting down, so I stayed on my feet, walked over to Jeff and stood in front of him. I moved his legs apart a bit, so I could be closer without his knees stabbing me. He smirked suggestively at me and I just rolled my eyes. "Shut up," I told him, knowing what he was thinking. "Make me," he said seductively, sending chills down my spine. 

      I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. I leaned down slightly and pressed our lips together. He put his hands on the backs of my legs, causing the butterflies in my stomach to come back. He then moved them up to the backs of my upper thighs, making me shudder. I ran my hands through his hair, ruffling it and making it messy and fluffy. It was weird to have Jeff be slightly more submissive, but it was an interesting change in events. He played with the bottom of my shorts, but I tried ignoring him. He pulled me down onto his lap slowly, my knees on either side of him. I continued to mess with his hair and lightly scratch his neck while he held onto my lower back with one hand, and ran his fingers along the outside of my leg with the other, switching every so often. I finally needed air desperately, so I broke away from him, rested my forehead against his, and looked down, breathing heavily. He matched my breathing, but decided he wasn't done. He reunited our lips and moved his hand up my leg, going under my shorts. I squealed at the feeling of his hand, but didn't try to stop him. The more time I spent with him recently, the stronger I felt towards him. I knew it probably wasn't a good thing. After all, he was a murderer who may or may not be stable enough to not snap on me one day. I also figured there was no way that he would feel the same way as I did. So, I ignored all those thoughts and tried not to change anything. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "I really like those shorts. You should wear them more," he said with a smirk. 

      I blushed and got off him and he moved himself so he was leaning lazily against the wall on his bed. I sat adjacent to him with my legs in front of me and leaned against his headboard. "What do you think would've happened if someone else brought me here?" I asked randomly. "For starters, they would've gotten caught and it'd be a miracle if you both made it out. But let's say you did," he started, bad mouthing the others because that's what they did. "Well, I guess it depends on who it was," he said. "Just run through them all," I told him. He seemed slightly annoyed, but did it anyways. "BEN would've already tried to... you know.. have fun with you.., Toby would just be your overly nice friend, Masky would.. well I don't know, he'd probably ignore you for the most part, but deep down he'd like you. Kind of like now. Hoodie would be a good friend of yours and if him and Masky weren't kind of a thing, I could see him being into you. L.J.... would've hurt you a lot by trying to play with you. And E.J. would basically be the same as now, but you two might've been more than that," he explained, not appearing bothered by any of the responses he gave at first glance. I sat there, processing everything he'd just said and looked up at him. I noticed the scenarios he'd given me did indeed bug him slightly; his eyes were giving it away.

      "What would you have been like?" I asked curiously. "Shit, I don't know... My guess would be that if it were BEN, I'd be annoyed by you two and try to kill you. I probably wouldn't mess with you much if it were Hoodie or E.J... or notice you to be totally honest. I'd leave you the hell alone if it were L.J. because I'm not trying to start something with him. With Masky I'd either leave you alone or act kind of like I do now towards you, just less often. And with Toby, it's hard to say because it also depends on you. But whatever's happening now, may have also happened," he ended on a sort of murky note. I was impressed overall, however. "Wow. That's.. really well thought out," I complimented. He shrugged and reversed the question on me. "Ok, so with the situations I gave you, how would you have acted?" he asked. "Not much would change from now if it were BEN. I'd be really good friends with Toby, Masky would intimidate me, like you do, but not as much. L.J. would scare me to death. And I don't know about Jack or Hoodie. I'd know them better, but it'd probably be pretty similar to how I am now with them," I guessed. "Would you be more than friends?" he asked with a monotone voice and expression. "I have no idea, but it'd be a lot different than whatever this is," I said, talking about whatever Jeff and I were. "Good different or bad different?" he asked, grinning. I smiled back and crawled over to him, sitting on his legs with my knees on either side of him. "I guess bad different?" I said unsure of how to answer the question accurately. "This would be the good different," I tried to explain. He put his knees up, causing me to slide down and straddle his hips. I screeched quietly as I slid because it happened very quickly. He looked at me with a satisfied smile and wandering eyes. 

      "What would you have done if you brought someone else into the house?" I changed the question slightly. "This is just the night of 'what ifs', isn't it? Well, I would've left them chained up for longer, and they'd probably be sleeping on the floor, along with me hating them," he told me. "Why didn't any of that happen to me?" I wondered. "I let you out of the chains because I liked your aggression. You're a hot girl, of course I let you sleep in my bed. Plus, I was really tired, so I just wanted to sleep. And I do hate you," he told me. I blushed a deep red and looked down, away from his gaze. "You blush a lot," he told me as if I didn't know. "So do you," I replied sassily. "That's one of the reasons I hate you," he said seriously. I laughed uncomfortably and decided to ask one more thing before dropping this conversation. "Um.. would you have. You know.. done this kind of stuff with someone else?" I asked awkwardly. He shook his head and continued to explain. "No. I've brought in girls before, but it never ends well.." he said, not directly saying it. I nodded slowly, still confused. "Then why am I an exception?" I asked. "Timing? I don't know. You're just different," he shrugged. "'Good different or bad different'?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, quoting him. "Well you're alive so.." he said grinning. 

      He leaned over to grab his phone and I held on to his shoulders so I could stay on. "It's 3:30," he told me as he turned on music and tossed his phone to the side, landing next to us on the bed. I leaned back against his legs and put mine up a bit to be more comfortable. "Do you ever go to concerts?" I asked, the question being sparked by the music. "Occasionally," he responded. "Do you ever get.. questioned or anything?" I asked, not wanting to sound rude. "Nah, metal fans are crazy," he looked up. I smiled and wondered what I would do if I saw someone like that at a concert. "Do you want to go to one?" he asked me. My eyes widened and I thought about the injuries I might sustain, then I remembered who I was with and felt better. "Sure," I told him. "When we get time, we'll go," he told me, seeming only half in the present moment. I looked up at his ceiling and just daydreamed for a few songs. I thought about life back home and what people at my school thought, or if they even noticed. I thought about my friends, and how many messages I probably had on my phone. My mind ventured down the path of struggles I had before I came here. Come to think of it, none of them were gone, I just didn't think about them. It was weird to think about the place I started the year and where I was now and how different they were, and not just location.