Departure

Photo: it will be many years until this is filled with pictures

       I woke up and saw that Jeff was sitting up, watching me. Once he saw that I was awake, he started to get up. "No, wait," I said as I reached out and grabbed his hand. I pulled him back onto the bed and he looked at me, waiting. "Sit here with me," I said softly as I got in his lap. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. I grabbed his hand and noticed his heart rate speed up. "Do you get nervous when I hold your hand?" I asked as I positioned my head to look into his eyes. "Every time you touch me I do," he said, looking down as he spoke. "Really?" I asked with raised eyebrows. "Sometimes all you have to do is look at me. It's fucking annoying," he said, trying to sound tough. I smiled and brought his hand up to my face. I gently kissed his fingers and hand, then moved to his forearm, upper arm, shoulder, collarbones, and up to his neck and jaw before landing on his lips. He shivered and I put both of my hands on his face and straddled him. He put his hands on the small of my back and pulled me as close as he could to him. I got very into the kiss, which was slow and deep. I heard the door open loudly and I jumped and bit Jeff's lip hard on accident. "Slender wants to watch Y/N's skills at some point today. He wanted me to tell you," Masky told Jeff. I ran my thumb over Jeff's lip because I saw that I drew blood, and he swatted my hand away. "Okay," Jeff replied. Masky left, shutting the door behind him. "Sorry," I said. "I liked it," he said with a smirk. "Of course you did," I said sassily. I got up and got dressed in the bathroom, then went downstairs for food. The mansion felt like my home and it was kind of weird. I killed some time for a bit until Jack found me. "You ready?" he asked me. I nodded and followed him outside, soon followed by Slender, Jeff, and the rest of the house. "Oh wow. Do you all have to be here?" I asked. "We wanna watch!" BEN defended. I rolled my eyes and looked to Slender. "Just show me what you can do," he said. Jack handed me the bow and many arrows, and the targets were already set up. I shot all of the arrows, then Jack went to retrieve the targets. Eight out of nine of the arrows were in the bullseye, and the other was just outside, like I had done a couple days prior. 

       "Impressive. How is your fighting?" he asked. I sighed, and fought Jack like I had done before. It wasn't easy, but I eventually managed to pin his wrists to the ground after sustaining a few injuries. I breathed heavily as I sat on Jack's stomach and I looked up to Slenderman. "Good," was all he said. "So is she staying?" Toby asked. "Yes," he said simply. I high-fived Jack and got off of him, walking over to Jeff. "But you need to stay in your own home for a month or so," he added. "Why?" I asked nervously. "You just left your old life, people are going to be suspicious. You need to finish school and explain stuff to your parents so they don't come looking for you and find you here," he explained. "I can go with her, right?" Jeff asked. "You can take her there, but you're not staying. We need as little suspicion as possible," he told Jeff. "So I'm supposed to stay away from her for over a month?" Jeff clarified sassily. "It won't kill you. You can visit occasionally," he offered. I sighed and looked to Jeff. "Well, I look forward to seeing you back here, Y/N. You should start to head back," Slender told me as he went back inside. The other guys followed, leaving Jeff and I. "Well fuck," was all Jeff could say. "I don't want to be away from you," I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I don't either," he responded with a sigh. "Well I guess I should get my things," I told him. He walked up to his room with me and I grabbed all of my belongings, including my beloved pillow, and put it into the bag I brought over. "Alright then," I followed Jeff out of his room, looking at it for the last time for awhile. I set my stuff down momentarily as I went to hug and say goodbye to everyone in the house. Or at least almost everyone. I awkwardly waved to L.J. and left it at that, too scared to talk to him. Slender popped out for a moment to give me some final words. "Don't tell people where you've really been, obviously, and try to act like everything's normal," he told me. I nodded and looked down. "Are you sure you want to come back here, child? You can just stay at your home if that's what you want," Slender offered. "I'm sure," I said as I looked into Jeff's eyes. He nodded and went back to his office. 

       Jeff silently took my hand as I picked my things back up and followed him outside. He covered my eyes, but I didn't bother asking if he still had to. We arrived at my house and I slid the patio door open like I had done many times before. I snuck Jeff into my room and set my stuff down. I faced him and the sad reality of the situation hit me. He put his hand on the back of my head and kissed me lovingly. I looked away from him, as it was too hard to look into his eyes. "I'm going to help you find your phone," he told me. "Why?" I asked as I turned my attention back to him. "This isn't exactly safe and I want to talk to you sometimes," he explained. I shrugged and started looking around my room for it. He did the same and after about 15 minutes he succeeded. "I FOUND IT!" he yelled as he stood over an open drawer. "Shhhhh I'm hiding you," I reminded him. He held my phone out to me and I plugged it in and waited for it to turn on. I laid on my bed and pulled him onto it with me. He kissed me slowly all over my face and neck. "I'm going to miss your lips," I told him. "Is that all you're going to miss?" he asked with a smirk. "Nooo," I smiled as I bit my lip. He smiled back at me and I noticed my phone turn on. I had about a million notifications, but I unlocked my phone and looked to Jeff. He gave me his number along with Jack's, Masky's, and Hoodie's. "Thanks," I told him, feeling comforted. "Just in case you need anything," he said, trying to sound casual. I smiled evilly and sent Jeff a text. "Hi :)," it said. I heard his phone go off and he gave me an annoyed, yet amused look. He pulled out his phone and responded to me. "Hello, beautiful," it said. I giggled and pulled him to me for more kisses. He separated from me and stared at me for a moment. "What?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows. "I was just imagining you as a killer and I like it a lot," he said with an evil smile. "I'm too nice," I said, trying to convince myself I wasn't that bad. "You've got it in you," he assured me. I sighed, knowing he was right, and changed the subject. 

       "What am I supposed to tell people?" I asked him. "Just say you were at a friend's and all that bullshit," he offered. "My parents know all my friends," I reminded him. "Then say it's an acquaintance or something," he suggested. I nodded, feeling like that would work. "Do you need anything else?" he asked half heartedly. "You to stay," I said with puppy dog eyes. "You know I would," he told me. I nodded and stood up, facing him. "Well, I should go I guess," he said awkwardly. I put my arms around him and hugged him, kissing his neck. "I'll visit at some point," he told me. "Okay. I'll see you later then," I replied. He blew an exaggerated kiss at me as he left and went back to the mansion. I took a deep breath before I went up the stairs to face my parents. "Hi," I said after I cleared my throat. I made both of them jump, but they came to hug me. "Where have you been?!?" My mom asked. I gave them the lie of being with an acquaintance as they led me to sit on the couch. I expanded my lie and explained why I was with this person, saying that they felt unsafe and I felt neglected. I then told them a couple stories of things I'd done with Jeff, but I obviously changed the name and left out some details. They caught me up on what had happened and lectured me intensely. Apparently I left right before spring break, so I wasn't too behind on school work. I sighed at the thought of having to go back to school everyday. "School's not so bad. Learning is good for you," my dad said, trying to make me feel better. I twisted my mouth to the side and looked up at the TV. They were watching the news and the news anchor was a woman with short blond hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a business dress and waving her microphone around gently as she spoke. 

       "Two recent deaths have been confirmed. They were found in their home only a few moments ago, stabbed multiple times in the chest and neck. There was no evidence left behind and investigators are still trying to find this mysterious killer that has been ravaging the town. However, the couple of tonight's attack were found to be involved in human trafficking. This leaves us all wondering: Is this murderer seeking justice or coincidentally encountering criminals? Or is there perhaps more than one? Back to Bob with the weather," she said dramatically, swelling her voice to keep the audience interested. "I'm going to head to bed," I said as I stood up, feeling guilty knowing who was responsible for the murders and that I'd soon be joining them. "Okay. Goodnight sweetheart," my mom said. They both hugged me and I went downstairs to my room. I was tempted to text Jeff about the news, but knew it would possibly lead police to him. I decided to go through the heaps of notifications on my phone before going to sleep. 

Happy New Year everyone! Whether or not you do New Year's resolutions, I hope the year brings you all happiness. I finally know how this book is going to end. It's kind of sad because I know a lot of you love this book and I love writing it, but I've literally been writing this for 2 or 3 years now, so I'm ready to put it to rest and move on. That being said, I plan on doing a Q&A chapter at the end, so leave some questions for me if you have them and I'll start collecting them!