Chapter 11: The Sweet and Caring Guy Is Gone*

Ace's POV:

It was nice being able to talk to Max. She seriously is amazing, isn't scared of anything, and is very caring to other people.

"So when did you get your motorcycle?" she asked me.

"Uh, well I got is when I was 17 years old," I told her, "How about you?"

"I got it when I was 17 too," she replied smiling at the fact that we both got our motorcycles at the same age.

"Yeah, I mean I had ridden motorcycles earlier, but I didn't get my own until 17," I said, "I actually paid for my motorcycle."

"Me too, I worked for it," she said and I smiled at her.

"You are amazing, did you know that?" I asked and she blushed.

"You are amazing too, for...taking care of your brother and loving him so much," she said.

"How did you know that?" I asked clearly confused.

"Well Macy told me that Jayden said that you care for him a lot," Max said.

"Well don't you do the same for Macy?" I asked and Max nodded.

"Definitely, my mom isn't home a lot since she is always working at the hospital, so I have a lot of responsibility for taking care of Macy," she explained, "So I am really grateful of you and your family for letting her stay there. I also have to work so I don't exactly have all the time I want to care for her."

"Well we are happy to take care of Macy," I said and she smiled.

"Well I got to get going, it was nice to finally meet you Ace," she said standing up.

"You too Max, thanks for talking to me too," I said and she chuckled.

"Bye," she said leaving the café and I sighed. I got onto my motorcycle soon after and drove home. I saw an unusual car parked on the driveway so I also parked my motorcycle there and went into the house. Shouting and yelling immediately greeted me. I walked to the kitchen where it all happened. It went downhill after that.

"Why are you even here?" Mom yelled, "You left us and you are blaming me for it! We didn't leave Shane!"

"Because it was your fault wasn't it?" the man yelled and I recognized that as my one and only Dad. I looked over to the corner and saw Jayden crying. I ran over to him and carried him in my arms.

"Ace!" he said before crying on my shirt.

"It's okay buddy," I said softly and brought him to the living room.

"Ace, what are you doing?" he asked between sobs.

"I am going to help Mom out," I said walking back to the kitchen. Dad saw me and pointed a finger at me.

"He was one of the reasons that I left," he said shaking.

"Don't you dare blame Ace for this," Mom said sternly, "It was all you." Then Dad slapped Mom on the face and the sound echoed through the walls. Mom turned to me with tears in her eyes. It stung my heart to see Mom with so much pain and agony in her eyes. I knew that the slap didn't cause all of it, Dad did.

"Dad that's enough!" I yelled at him and punched him in the face. He staggered back a little, but he still kept his stance.

"You're an idiot, Ace. You shouldn't be punching your father!" Dad shouted.

"Well first of all you shouldn't be hitting your wife and second of all, I am not your son anymore," I said wiping the blood off my lip.

"You have to respect me Ace!" Dad yelled.

"I don't have to anymore Dad, or should I even call you that? Get out of my house!" I yelled pointing to the door.

"This is my house young man!" Dad shouted back at me.

"Oh by the way I looked at the records Dad. News flash you don't own this house because Mom paid for this house and is the owner of it so go!" I yelled.

"Oh you will be sorry!" Dad yelled storming out of the house. He jumped into his car and drove off.

"Ace," Mom said gently placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Mom, everything is fine now, but I need some fresh air," I said through gritted teeth and walked out of the house. I hopped onto my motorcycle and drove to the park. I parked by a bench and sat down. I held my face in my hands and ran my hands through my hair. I couldn't believe that my Dad had the courage to show up after leaving for 3 years! He doesn't know that I now have the courage to stand up to him. What really hurt me was when he slapped Mom. That's just wrong.

"Ace?" a voice said and I knew it belonged to Max, "Why is there blood on your hands and your face?" She sat down and pulled my chin so I would face her.

"None of your business," I said roughly and she looked taken back.

"Ace talk to me, I can help you. Right now I want to take you home and get you cleaned up," she said softly and I pulled out of her grasp. I wasn't in the mood for anyone to talk to me.

"Can you just stop putting your nose into my business?" I snapped at her and I could see pain flashed on her face.

"Ace come on," she said pushing farther.

"Just LEAVE me alone!" I yelled at her, "Can't you do that?" I could see tears forming in her eyes, but she blinked them back. The sadness in her eyes were immediately replaced by anger and disappointment.

"Fine, I guess that the sweet and caring guy I met at the café is gone. I just want to help, but I guess I am not needed," she said before running away. I knew I made a mistake, but I just couldn't control my anger. My dad was lucky that I was able to control it because if I didn't, he would be in the hospital right now. I roughly ran my hands through my hair. I couldn't get her back because if I did, I think I would scare her away again.

********************************************

GIF of Victoria Justice who plays Max

Thank you to all my readers. I didn't think that people would actually read my story when I first published it. I am really encouraged to write more when I see people who are actually reading it and voting on it. I am not the best writer, but it's definitely something that I like to do during my free time. My goal for right now is to get to 300 reads and 30 votes. Definitely seeing a trend with my goal. ;)

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C