Chapter 24: Stone Fox Is An Exception*

Before you guys read, I have a big announcement at the end of the chapter, so please take some time to read it. It will not be long and will take like 10 seconds to read. Anyways, here is the next chapter of Endless Fighting!

Ace's POV:

            I came home from the grocery store and put the bags on the counter. I saw my Mom already cooking.

"Hey, here's the stuff for the salad," I said gesturing to the bags.

"Thank you honey. So Max agreed to come?" Mom asked and I nodded.

"Yeah," I said.

"Well go get cleaned up!" Mom said and I laughed.

"Mom it's just Max, Macy, and her Mom," I explained.

"Well by the way you look at Max, you should go get cleaned up," Mom said shooing me to my room.

"Ha! I walked in at the right moment," Martin said walking into the kitchen.

"Wow Martin. You dressed up for the occasion. I guess you have some competition Ace," Mom said and I rolled my eyes.

"Well Max is very charming so I had to make myself presentable," Martin said in a posh voice and I burst out laughing.

"Yeah totally," I said, "I am just going to shower and change." I went upstairs, showered, put on some hair gel, and went to my closet. I picked out a pair of dark wash jeans and a white button down shirt. I took one last look in the mirror before going downstairs to help my Mom set up the table.

"I am excited!" Jayden exclaimed.

"Me too," Martin said.

"I am glad that I properly get to meet Max. I want to meet the girl that has both of my boys staring at," Mom said and Jayden snickered.

"She means you two," Jayden said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well you like Macy," I pointed out.

"Yeah, at least I admit it," Jayden said and Mom ruffled his hair.

"That is why he is my favorite. He actually opens up to me," Mom said.

"But I open up to you Jean," Martin protested and Mom laughed.

"Yeah, but Jayden is still innocent," Mom said and I laughed.

"Oh that is too good," I said when the doorbell rung.

"Can you get that Ace?" Mom asked and I nodded. I walked over to the door and opened it seeing Max and Macy. A smile tugged at my lips.

"Hi Ace," Max said with a smile and I smiled back at her.

"Hi Max, hi Macy," I said, "Come in." They both followed me to the dining table.

"Max! Macy!" Mom exclaimed and went over to hug them both.

"Hi Jean," Max said.

"Hi!" Macy said and went over to talk to Jayden.

"I am glad that you two were able to make it. Where is your mom?" Mom asked.

"She had an emergency shift at the hospital so she couldn't make it," Max said.

"That's a shame. Well everyone take a seat!" Mom said and we all sat down. I had Max on my right and Martin on my left. Mom had made lasagna and salad and for desert she made chocolate mug cakes with vanilla ice cream. Everyone took some lasagna and salad.

"So Max, I heard that you work at the Big Apple Café?" Mom asked and Max nodded.

"Yeah I do," she said.