Chapter 22: She Is Spontaneous*

Ace's POV:

I was surprised on how much Max knew about bikes. She knows more than me and I am a mechanic. It doesn't add up that only her uncle introduced her to bikes.

"You sure that's the only place that you learned how to fix a bike?" I asked her. She was studying me closely and I knew that she knew I was suspicious.

"Yes and my dad exposed me to bikes at a young age," she said.

"Okay," I said. I couldn't push it further because that was probably the truth. I didn't believe her fully, but she wasn't going to crack. That was also the first time that she mentioned her dad. Was he never around? Did he leave her and her family? Did he die? Many questions like that were running through my head. We continued working on our bikes for a while.

"Hey guys, I got to get to the café for work, thanks for letting me use your equipment. I owe you one," she said taking off her jumpsuit and I finally noticed her really toned arms. She probably got them from working out at the gym.

"No problem," I said and caught the jumpsuit that she was wearing over her clothes.

"See you guys later," she said, "I am picking up Macy later."

"Okay see you later Max," Martin said and I waved to her. She flashed me a smile before climbing on her bike and driving off.

"Do you think that its possible that Max knows more than we do, just from her uncle and her dad?" I asked.

"I don't know man, but I am not going to question it. She said that she learned from her dad and uncle and I am not going to doubt her," Martin said wiping off the dust from his bike.

"But it just seems really suspicious," I said.

"Do you want her to like you?" Martin asked and when he saw me nod, he added, "Stop questioning so many things."

"Okay jeez man," I said and held my hands up in surrender.

Max's POV:

I got to the café and walked inside. I went into the locker room and put on my apron and walked out to the counter.

"Hey Rick," I said.

"Hey Max, Alex has something that she wants to show you and then you can start working," Rick said and I nodded.

"Okay," I said and walked into Rick's office. Alex was sitting with her feet propped on the table reading something.

"Your dad said that you wanted to show me something?" I asked leaning against the wall. She jumped to her feet and tried to hide a smile.

"This!" she said and put a magazine in front of my face. I finally noticed that it was Fitness Daily and it was the magazine that had me on the cover.

"It's out?" I asked and Alex nodded eagerly.

"You look gorgeous in these photos!" Alex said, "They are stocking up shelves. I went to the store and saw these all over the store." I took the magazine and flipped through it.

"Wow, it came out pretty good," I said.

"Pretty good is an understatement," Alex said and I laughed.

"Well I need to get back to work drama queen," I said handing her back the magazine.

"You know that people will pay for your autograph right?" Alex asked and I scoffed.

"I doubt that," I said.

"You will see," Alex said and I laughed. I walked out and went to serve some tables and went to the table that I wish that I didn't have to take. Daisy and her 'gang' of people and the worst thing was that I saw that they all had a copy of the magazine. Daisy was fuming along with Cara and Ashley.